cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending flat file through XI using dummy interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I am sending a flat file through XI . There is no mapping involved , so no IR development involved .

But on the target side i need to create an XML file .

So is it possible to just pass the file as it is thru XI without creating any interface i.e using dummy interface or i need to create and interface because i need an xml file on the target side ..

Regards ,

Loveena .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i did not understand using FCC without craeting message type .

If we use dummy message type , then against which structure will the adapter convert the flat file into XML

Regards,

Loveena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FCC uses to convert the flat file into .xml structure according to FCC parameter.It will not refer the structure.It will form the structure according to FCC parameter. Like using the dummy document name and namespace and structure parameter(record set structure,Field names,field separator,end separator).After while reaching the interface determination accoring to the interface mapping which we mentioned it will check with the actual structure in IR. But here No mapping and No IR. So As per the FCC parameter (.xml) structure will move to target.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No IR is required as thats wht we call as pass thru interfaces in PI. But yes if you need conversion that FCC needs to be defined in Communication Channel. Dummy interface will work in ID objects.

Thanks

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sameer/ Abhi,

In ID, during FCC we need to mention interface name which comes from IR...so what we will specify there?

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

>> In ID, during FCC we need to mention interface name which comes from IR...so what we will specify there?

You can use the dummy interface name in ID. Pls refer the below link:

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Just mention dummy interface.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry..not interface name ...What we will specify as Document Name in FCC property?

Regards,

Manisha

Edited by: Manisha Dahatonde on Apr 27, 2009 2:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

>> What we will specify as Document Name in FCC property?

You can specify the dummy document name as a message type along with dummy document namesapce as a namespace.

Note: Remember your message type name and namespace should not match with existing in IR.

Sameer

Edited by: sameer Khanna on Apr 27, 2009 11:27 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

Just mention dummy message type. File pick from xi and create a xml with messag type and name space which you metioned in the ID part. But in this case there is no IR part. So just pass through it will reach the target.

regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still I feel we need IR...bcoz in one of my scenario Document name was creating problem to create proper XML structure...

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ID part, use FCC this will convert flat file into XML. No need to required IR part.

Sameer

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to create any objects in IR.

The file content conversion does the job of creating an XML file from Flat File.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen/Prakasu,

Do we required IR part to acheiving this sceanrio? Pls have some more lights on this.

Sameer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

see my reply.if you have more query then ask.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prakasu,

You are right...I think it would be the best way to acheive this, As already given the soltuion earlier but people gets more doubts with more confussion

Sameer

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can transfer the file as it is in source to target with out any transformation.

But for transfering flat to XML file we need to do transformation, for that we need to have DT,MT,MI and no message mapping.

Regards,

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess this is not possible as without IR u can only transfer any file as it is..it does not convert it to xml format.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you specify the File content Conversion it will convert the data to XLM Format and sends the same to target system , no need to create mapping in this case you can use Dummy interface

Rajesh

jyothi_anagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Loveena,

You have to use FCC for that you should have DataType in your IR because we will use that elements in FCC parameters. So You should have IR part. you Should have DT,MT,MI,MM,IM all these things.

Thanks.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use this blog:/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

u cant change the file format to xml without any conversion......

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

in this scenario there is a need to convert the incming FLAT file to XML format.

If we specify FCC in sender we need to mention the real document name and other related stuff....

If you are referring to the blog /people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

then please have a look at the main points mentioned at the end of the blog.

for the blog:

we can send any formatted data without having to convert it to XML and back again, 
e.g. file->XI->file.

No Mapping can be used, since the data may not be XML.

Most importantly: the data sent thru XI does NOT have to be in XML; any data can be sent thru XI.

So if above are the points then how can we avoid IR objects here if we want to convert the message in to XML format....please note that we just don't need a .xml file to call it a XML format we need XML structure also within to call the a true xml file.

Regards,

Abhishek.