cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qs on Cutover Dates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I have a situation where we have decided to go live with the Logistics Module on the first week of June and then go live with the FICO at the end of the period {period end}

This is a very minimal FI implementation...

Are there any concerns that I should be looking at due to the different cutover dates?

Thank you

Rukshana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is not possible to live Logistics Module without Financial being live.

Question: When you make a good receipt, when you make goods issue, when you make an invoice receipt, where does the accounting entries go??

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya

Thanks for the response(s)

THe initial plan was not to go live with FICO - to keep the FI org structure intact and to do the reporting from the existing software. and the values flowing into FICO would be a bunch of non existant values.

Now, however, they want to go ahead with the FI reports from SAP -

This maybe a real stupid Qs, but I will ask anyway - after the logistice cutover, the GR and IR can be done into the existant system, and then at month end, we take in those values into SAP - is that correct or totally off base?

Thank you very very much

Rukshana

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once your SAP is LIVE, I would expect to stop other legacy systems to STOP, unless otherwise connected to SAP through interface.

I would like to continue all GR IR in SAP, otherwise, no point in continuing the legacy systems along with SAP.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiya Ravi

Apparently they have the legacy system for another 6 months..

so what would you suggest I tell the Project Manager from a FICO perspective about the delayed go live for FICO only.

I already voiced my concerns regarding the the value flow of PO's not GR'd and PO, GR'd but not invoiced... he was like, we should discuss this extensively...

So before the discussion, I am trying to explore all angles that I may be missing or may not be aware of

Thank you very much for your support

Rukshana

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I cannot say your FI module is not going live. Probably you may not be using transaction codes starting with F*, but your FI module is live in my opinion. If you post the transactions through MIGO and MIRO, obviously the entries moved on to FI and as a system you are bound to report your figures from your FI module.

If you want to paralelly manage the legacy system along with SAP, there is no wrong in that. It is ultimately the business decision. However, you should have to maintain an interface from your legacy to SAP and you need to run this interface may on a regular time interval decided by the business.

The integration between legacy and SAP depends on how complex their legacy system is.

Regards,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can you go live with your logistics module without the Company code creation which is taken care from FI Module ?