cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External number range to the specific set of orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have defined the External number range for Sales document in SPRO, but the Orders of the specifc sales document types are not able to pick up the External number range what I have set in SPRO.

Can anybody help me what other settings to be done for getting the external number range to the orders?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from setting the External number range for your document types in SPRO, you must give your u2018Number range numberu2019 in the field u201CNo.Range ext. assgu201D in maintaining the document types, Transaction code VOV8.

I.e. put 01,02, the number for which you set the external number range in VN01

Hope this helps

Thanks

Dinesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friend

Welcome to SDN

I beleive that you have done all settings correctly in VN01 the no range assignment

In VOV8 for that particular order type if you have mentioned both internal and external assignment

Then while creating the order you can give external no first and proceed the work of creating the order and save it with your external no

If external no is not given first and you have created order system saves it with internal no ( I beleive this is what is happening to you)

In VOV8 only if internal no assignment is mentioned then only internal no is possible

In VOV8 only if External no assignment is mentioned then only external no is allowed in this case without mentioning the external no you cannot enter even the sold to party

Hope you are getting the difference

So according to this system behaviour you can configure no range assignment in VOV8

Regards

Raja

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that the same object is maintained in VN01 also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi