cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make to order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

What configuration is required to be done for MRP run of HAWA material type. The requirement details are as follows:

1. Material type is HAWA material.

2. Sale order shall be punched in the system for this HAWA material. There is no BOM existing for the material for which sale order is punched.

3. MRP run should be carried out with the input of this sale order (sort of make to order scenario).

4. Purchase request should be created for the material.

5. PR will be converted to PO and GR shall be done against this PO.

6. This material is to be dispatched against the sale order.

Pl. guide me in total for the settings in configuration for the above scenario including the costing and the sales part.

Do we need to use strategy 20 or strategy 40. The sale order should be consumed once the goods issue of the stock is done against the sale order.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Use the strategy-20 in MRP-3 tab for HAWA Material type-20

2.For Raw materials MRP-4 use Individual requirements

3. Run MRP Tcode -MD50

4.Planned Orders and PRs will be generated

5.Convert PRs to Purchase orders, then do the GR

6.convert Planned orders to Production orders ( in production order Header you can see the sales orders number)

7.Do the Goos Issue Aganist sales order by using MB1A, Use the movement type-261E

8.Do the GR aganist Production order ( See MMbe stock overview stock will appear aganist sales order)

9.Sales Order Delivery, PGI and Billing

Thanks

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreeni,

Thanks for the reply. But I have one doubt.

I have tested strategy 20 by creating a sale order and running MRP. Purchase request is created as required. But I am facing the following problem:

1. Purchase request is created with account assignment E - Ind. cust.w.KD-CO. What is this account assignment for?

2. As a result of this system is asking G/L account.

3. Also is there any transaction other than MD50 for running the MRP. This is because for transaction MD50 there is input of particular sale order no. I am thinking of transaction at Plant level which will consider all the sales order in that Plant and run MRP.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

You can use TCode MD01 to run MRP @ plant level which will consider all the Open Sales order in the plant. Or you can also use MD02(preffered over MD01) as it will plant for only the particular material in the plant and not for all the materials in the plant.

Regarding you planning requirement I will get back in couple of mins.

Regards,

Zoheb Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashant,

Please also check the following settings.

FI-MM Integration:

Check the valuation class maintained in the material master Accounting 1 View.

For this particular Valuation class check the tcode OBYC setting in FI Module.

This should slove your GL account problem.

FI-SD integration:

Check the setting for the tcode VKOA. Here you need to check the Item category you have used and the FI setting for the same. The same Item category should be assigned in the Sales General data view for the material.

This should solve your Account asignment related problem.

Hope this will solve you problem.

Regards,

Zoheb Hasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to your description, it seems that is a standard SAP Make to order Process.

You should wonder if the purchase order is strictly created for for the customer requirement ( in time and quantity) or you want to purchase to stock and deliver to customer from this stock.

In the first case you can use strategy 20 ( or 50 if you need some plan in advance) ; for the seconf alternative, go for 10 or 40.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dario,

I have tested strategy 20 by creating a sale order and running MRP. Purchase request is created as required. But I am facing the following problem:

1. Purchase request is created with account assignment E - Ind. cust.w.KD-CO. What is this account assignment for?

2. As a result of this system is asking G/L account.

3. Is there any transaction other than MD50 for running the MRP. This is because for transaction MD50 there is input of particular sale order no. I am thinking of transaction at Plant level which will consider all the sales order in that Plant and run MRP.

I have also worked using strategy 40. I have not entered PIR but I have created a sale order and run the MRP. In this case also system creates purchase request, but there is no account assignment in the PR. As a result I can proceed with the normal procedure of release of PR, convert PR to PO, do GR against PO, etc.

Hence, pl. suggest should I go for strategy 20 or strategy 40? What is the difference between the two strategies? The MRP is to be run with the input of sale order but it should be possible at Plant level

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear watson,

this is normally called as DEPOT process. pls check with you sales and purchace team mets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Watson

Use strategy 20.

Rgds

UK