cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Web Services in SAP without J2EE/XI Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if this is possible. I'm hoping that maybe one of you can answer this. Here's the scenario:

I have a Function Module that's RFC enabled. I also went ahead and converted it to a Web Service. Now, what I'd like to know is, if I want to consume the service do I have to have XI and/or J2EE server running. Or, is it possible to consume it by some other means. Any help is much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

There are two ways to handle

1. you can directly expose this webservice without the need of XI or J2EE server. The wsdl generated will have all the endpoint information, which in ur case will be tightly coupled to the current SAP system where RFC resides.

2. Import the rfc into XI and create a scenario in XI. Expose this scenario as a webservice.

Second option is the refered one as the consumer needn't know where the RFC resides.

cheers,

naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Thanks. I really appreciate the answer. I have generated a proxy in .NET but I am having trouble with authentication. The error I get is listed below.

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized

I'm guessing it's because I'm not sending the correct user name and password through, but I can't find where you set that on the proxy object in .NET that was created. Have you had this issue? If so do you know how to get around it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

I got it to work. I added a NetworkCredentials object to my project and everything worked like a charm. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks,

Eric

Answers (0)