Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 10 roles,I need to copy this 10 roles into 1 role.Is it possiable through PFCG?And also i have to give only disply authorization only.Please help me this..

Regards,

SACHIN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it's possible the"merge" roles from PFCG (if your SU24 maintained). Simply create a role, and then, on the menu tab, choose "From other Role" in the Copy Menus Section. Do this for all 10 roles. In the end you might want to use the "Collapse Menu function.

Regarding the display only, then there only one way, go through the authorization one by one a manually adjust the role to contain only "display" access.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

3 REPLIES 3

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it's possible the"merge" roles from PFCG (if your SU24 maintained). Simply create a role, and then, on the menu tab, choose "From other Role" in the Copy Menus Section. Do this for all 10 roles. In the end you might want to use the "Collapse Menu function.

Regarding the display only, then there only one way, go through the authorization one by one a manually adjust the role to contain only "display" access.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

There is another way also.

Just list the profiles associated with the 10 roles.

Go to the PFCG -> new role - > Authorization tab -> Change auth - > Edit ->insert auth -> from profile.

Give the profile names one by one do 10 times. then all the authorizations will be inserted.

But one drawback is here the other 10 SAP roles menu will not be copied into the new role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best way is find out All the T-Code form all 10 roles (SUIM) and create single role and change all activities in to 03

Mention all the ways only T-codes you can copy in to new roles not the field values and activities, so what is the use,(All are different way to add the T-Codes in role menu)

If there is option to copy including (all) field values and activities also then it will be useful.