cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to ApShell in BPC Admin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of BPC installation. We have installed NW 7.01 + IIS 6.0 & .NET server.

We have followed all the steps mentioned in the BPC installation guide. But, after installation, we are not able to login into ApShell in BPC Admin window. We are getting error message "The system cannot connect to the server. There may be network or security issue".

Can anybody give us some tips?

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

BPC admin client is installed into SAP BPC .NET server?

Is it 32 bits or 64 bits OS where the SAP BPC client is installed?

Are you usiing a proxy for internet connection of internet explorer where SAP BPC admin client is installed?

We need the amswers of these questions to be able to provide next steps for checking.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have solved the issue. The issue is, the domain controller is not configured in the BPC server. We configured the Active Directory and installed the BPC by using the domain Administrator account. The issue resolved.

Thanks to all.

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

skumar_skumar3
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I installed SAP BPC.5.1 And also installed BPC offive installation, BPC Client Diagnostics, BPC administration installation.

When i am trying to open BPC-Administration, Its NOT showing any options in Action pane in BPC Adminnistration.

And when i am trying to open BPC for Excel, Its show error message as There is no Application set. But i have ApShell.

Please help me its most urget.

Thanks alot in advance..!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arteria,

Can you explain meant of 'configuring active directory" at BPC server ?

do install something of make it also part of a domain controller ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it critical sequence, if we installed SAP BPC NW 7.5 and we have the same mistakes, domain controller is not configured in the BPC server.

So if we configure the Active Directory after this we should do all steps again? or this steps are separated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreethar,

Thanks for your reply.

I am able to browse to the site http://<servername>/osoft. If I execute the BPC Admin icon, it takes me to the another page where I can see Action pane. If I click "Manage Application Sets" to take a copy od ApShell, I am gettin error "No Appset availbale to user BPC_SYSADMIN".

How to assign an Appset to the user? FYI, I have already executed the report "UJA3_WRITE_SYS_USERS" in ABAP server.

Any idea how to resolve this?

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

normally after every fresh installation you login to BPC first with the installation user. Here you should directly login to BPC admin interface and in security section you can assign other users this appset.

This installation user by default has access to the Apshell appset. If you already done the steps right during configuration, you can login to BPC Admin without any issues. Also see that your IE gives you logon popup when you call BPC url, so that you can enter the install user details including domain name (if any).

regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings, collegues

We have absolutely the same problems. I have described them here ().

We have Win2k3 64 bit., BPC NW SP2. We performed all steps in installation guide and Server Diagnostic of Server Manager shows that everything is fine but when we are trying to connect to BPC, it displays two connection error messages:

1. "The system cannot connect to the server. There may be a network or security issue."

then after initialization dialog, 2. "Failed to connect to ABAP server."

I am also able to browse to the site http://<servername>/osoft. If I execute the BPC Admin icon, it takes me to the another page where I can see Action panel. We have default application set there but If we click "Manage Application Sets" or any other, there is no any effects or results. In addition if we try to go to Client Software Center from the main page, we see the error "The format of the file 'AntiXssLibrary' is invalid." but we have installed Anti-Cross Site Scripting Library V1.5.

By the way, Arteris Basis I have seen the problem "Your login ID does not have SYSADMIN rights". To solve this problem. you need to correctly execute "UJA3_WRITE_SYS_USERS" in ABAP server and assign right values.

BPC SysAdminUser Domain\<user name>

BPC AdminUser Domain\<user name>

BPC User Domain\<user name>

Arteris Basis, have you solved the problem with "The system cannot connect to the server. There may be network or security issue"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

We have used local windows Administrator ID user to install the BPC and .NETserver.

We have ran the mentioned report and assign the users.

Can we run the client tools in the BPC server itself? The server is a 64Bit Win 2003.

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

0 Kudos

Hi Indrakumar,

If your server has MS office, you can install BPC client too. Normally we do it for admin users to test the system. Hope you already made the setting (as mentioned in install guide) that BPC works even after installing it in 64 bit server.

regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anila,

Thanks for the link. But, we are not using SQL server. We are integrating the BPC with SAP BI (NW 7.01).

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

0 Kudos

Hi,

have you installed the BPC with Domain user id which has sys admin rights both in BI server and .net server? This is a prerequisite.

Also have you mentioned this .net installation user in BI system using this program UJA3_WRITE_SYS_USERS.

Just go through carefully the configuring BPC ABAP part once again, the issue may be here.

regards,

Sreedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we try to open the BPC Server console, it says, "Your login ID does not have SYSADMIN rights". Please let us know how to set SYSADMIN rights?

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go through the link ,

it may help u.

Regards,

Anila

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sorin,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the answers below.

BPC admin client is installed into SAP BPC .NET server? - Yes

Is it 32 bits or 64 bits OS where the SAP BPC client is installed? - 64 Bit Win 2003

Are you usiing a proxy for internet connection of internet explorer where SAP BPC admin client is installed? - No

We need the amswers of these questions to be able to provide next steps for checking.

Kind Regards,

Indrakumar