cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling a sync call in a BPM??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have WS client <> XI <> WS Server scenario, where WS client and WS server, bot are BPMs designed under different business systems.

1.Is it possible to expose a web-service using an abstract interface? or the interface has to be only outbound??

The client posts a message (request) synchronously to the URL of the WS Server.

The WS Server BPM recieves the request message, maps it, and then sends the mapped message (response) back to the client BPM. I have seen scenarios where sync/async bridge is defined in the server BPM. Is it possible to handle the sync call without the sync/async bridge in the server BPM, in my scenario??

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

Thanks for your tips, and some of the confusions are now clear to me.

The reason I used two BPMs is to simulate WS client-xi-WS (sync mode)i.e one bpm is the client and the other is the server.

On the server BPM, to receive message in sync mode we have to open S/A bridge (correct me if I am wrong), and the minimum requirement for S/A bridge is that we need a send step, recieve and a send step (to close S/A bridge). But, in my case I just need to map the message to a response message, and send it back. How can I approach this situation?

Thanks again.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using PM, it should be Abstract Interfaces.

<i>***1.Is it possible to expose a web-service using an abstract interface? or the interface has to be only outbound??</i>

In order to get the message into XI, you need to have Outbound Message Interface. You can not use Absrtact Interface. There is no direction for Abstract Interface. It can act as a both.

In this case you need to have one Outbound as well as one Inbound Interface to send and Receive the Message.

First of all, is it required to have BPM in your scneario. Because both are synchronous here. So you can directly communicate with Synchronous interfaces.

If you want to use BPM , then just have a look at this blog-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/1403 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy