cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Integration with PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls provide info reg PM-PS integration. What are the config steps to do?

As per client requirement i've to map this scenario in SAP & show the demo

at the earliest.

Pls provide your valuable solutions.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PM/PS Integration will be there,if you are doing any shutdown or maintanance.

whatever you are incurring the cost in PM , you can capture in PS.

Check the order creation - IW32 on additional Tab wherein you can assign the WBS Element. This will control even the Budget of the project.

You can assign the networks in the same Tab. From this you can even achieve the scheduling.

If you want your Plan cost to be appended while Project planning, check the SPRO >OPUV settings.

regards,

Venkatesan Anandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your inputs.

I've further queries reg this.

1. What is investment order type - PM07

2. I'm maintaining def c obj as cctr. While going for PM-PS int what to maintain

like FXA or WBS

3. In IW31 hdr Assignments----Funds mgnt, Investment pgm, real estate obj

Pls provide info where we have to use these things in PM module

4.Moreover whether these are related to PM-PS int?

Pls clr my doubts....i've to go for PM-PS int

P745394
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for example Just Take Railway tracks has been laid , there estimated life is 5 yrs , cost of Capital is 100000Rs .

after 5 yrs you need to change this tracks, One way you can do this is by PS use WBS , in PM same thing can be done by Order type "Investment" where you plan & do replacement ,& settle cost in to WBS element or fixed Asset .

whether you use PM or PS default settlement to be done to WBS or Fixed Asset (recommended).For small work generally PS is not used , PM order type is preferred.

You use different Order type "investment" for Good Cost Capturing , default settlement , good information track.

Just Tell Me why are you Maintaning default object type "Cost Center" & how are you going to Pass this Investment Cost to Final product or Service.

As per my knowledge this is the Way Costing happens.

Usually this Capital costs or Investments are Passed to final Product or Service through "Depreciation" for Example this Raiway track depreciation Cost is calculated like [ 100000(cost of capital) / 5 (estimated life) ] = 20000 Rs Every year. This is posted to FI /CO to Final Product /service.

If you pass it to particular Cost Center , cost center will collects cost from different order like Repair ,overhaul,service ,..........other , Its Very difficult to know exact amount of Investment made

So better use WBS or Fixed Asset , knowm exact investment expenditure made & Pass on this Cost by depreciation to products made.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini & All,

Thanks . As per your reply what i understood is

To maintain a separate order type as PM06 ie Investment order

For this one Def cost obj as WBS or FXA

Valid receiver WBS & FXA as optional

If i'm wrong pls correct me.

Pls clarify these points

1. For which scenario i've to create an Investment order in PM in daytoday plant activites

2. In IW31 Goto----Assignments--Investment pgms(what it indicates)

Waiting for replies.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check out this Post

[PM-PS|]

It might be helpful for some extent

- Pithan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One of the important Integration is linking your WBS (PS ) into your PM work order

1) The idea behind this integration is you can achieve the PM work order capablities like

Scheduling ,assigning Internal resource to your project job ,Stock material consumption ,Non stock material Procurement ,Service procurement with or with out Framework order

2) All you need to do you in that specfic PM work order maintain the WBS as account assignment in location tab of the PM work order

3) The cost incurred in PM work order need to be settled into the WBS

4) The relevant config is as regular & apllicable with PM & PS like enabling the WBS as settlement reciever in Your settlement profile etc

5) Atlast it's still posible to achieve most of the PM capablities with in PS itself ,but lot of organisation go for this route as their Interfaces & Scheduling capablities are enhanced in PM work order only .So they can use the same for PS reqirements as well

Regards

Satish