Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy users from one systemto other

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I see that in the PFCG i can copy users from one system to other with user assignments ,my question is what happen if i don't have the users in the target system?

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

in pfcg you can only transport roles. You can choose to transport them with or without user assignements.

It is not possible to transport users in pfcg. If a user does not exist in the target system, the entry is skipped.

b.rgds, Bernhard

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are asking for copying the users from one system to another, then you can go to remote client copy with only user masters.

however, please specify your scenario/requirement clearly...seems to be missing something

thanks

Bhudev

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

in pfcg you can only transport roles. You can choose to transport them with or without user assignements.

It is not possible to transport users in pfcg. If a user does not exist in the target system, the entry is skipped.

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hello,

if you transport roles with user assignments the following will happen:

- all users having the role already assigned in the target system will loose the role in the target system.

- all users, that had the role assigned in the sender system, will get the role in the target system.

Therefore be careful with transport of role assignment. To avoid mistakes switch off the import of role assignments with customizing table PRGN_CUST (entry USER_REL_IMPORT).

Regards

Rainer