Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Sender Adapter - File overwritting in the Archiving folder

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am doing File sender to proxy Receiver Async Scenario.

In File Sender adapter, i am using the Archiving option by spacifying the

Archiving path.

Files are picked up and archiving happen successfully.

Problem is: - once the File is picked up and archivied into the Archiving location

If end user again rectifies some data in the same file and place it in the source directory

then i am getting the following error in RWB Commu. channel monitoring.

Failed to archive file 'File1.TXT' as '/Input File location/File1.TXT' after processing. The FTP server returned the following error message: 'com.sap.aii.adapter.file.ftp.FTPEx: 550 File not renamed. File already exists. You may delete the existing file and then rename.u2019 For details, contact your FTP server vendor.

I know this is because of File sender adapter is trying to archive the file with the same name(File1.txt) in the archiving location.

My Question: - Is there any option to allow the File sender Adapter for overwritting the

File in the archiving location.

Thanks & Regards

Jagesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a possiblity of Overwritting instead of using the Add Timestamp option?

No.. I dont think so there is any other option...

Regards,

Chandra.

former_member581827
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Try for this option in Processing mode for Archive option

add a time stamp to a file name, select the Add Time Stamp indicator.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

Regards,

Chandra.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if there is proper rights to over write files in the archive folder.

The problem seems to be that the rights/authorization is not there. Else the adapter usually overwrites files in the archive folder unless you use the timestamp option.

Archive

Files that have been successfully processed are moved to an archive directory.

u25A0       To add a time stamp to a file name, select the Add Time Stamp indicator.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

u25A0       Under Archive Directory, enter the name of the archive directory.

u25A0       If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, set the Archive Files on FTP Server indicator. If you do not set the indicator, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system.

jagesh_lakdawala
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

I checked it, by default File Sender Adapter does not allow the Overwritting of the archiving file.

On Target system there is a restriction on Maximim no of Characters in archiving filename.

It is 8 chars in this case.

Filename with Time stamp option generate the filename more than 8 chars.

Is there a possiblity of Overwritting instead of using the Add Timestamp option?

Please suggest

Thank you,

Regrads

Jagesh