cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different flavors of portals

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

can any body tell me , what r the different flavors of sap netweaver portal ?

I know its that such as horizontal and vertical portals, employee

portals, and manager portals. but how its all work?

Thanx & Regards

tarun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tarun,

There are no such flavors of NW Enterprise Portal.

The vertical and the horizontal portal that you are referring to are the general flavors of portal and not specific to NW EP.The horizontal portal are generally like www.yahoo.com which would give you information across eveything but the vertical portals are something which is specific to one kind of information like www.mp3.com(only mp3s).

The employee and the manager portal functionalites are possible in NW EP by having the business packages (ESS and MSS) on it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Sandeep Tudumu

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I doubt if there is is anything like different flavors of Portal. You might have thought about it owing to different business packages (BP) used e.g. ESS, MSS, MDM etc

ESS (BP) insalled on portal is generally referred as employee portal, coz it proivides role based access to information relevant to employess of organization.

similarly, MSS installed on portal gerenally referred as managers protal for it provides info required for managers to do their activities. This provides different roles of manager depending upon their authorization level.

Most of the times portal is referred and called based on the roles it provides.

- Abhijeet

shankar_agarwal
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Tarun

portal functioality goes with both ,vertical and horizontal of an organization.It depends on how you would like to use it.Since it has a role based personalized architecture you can use it according to various units in your org.

shankar

former_member206159
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

portal is a role based appliction where we can give proper authorizations to the portal users.

As an example we will give authorizations related to employee only, so that he cannot see the screens of manager etc....

I don't know about flavours...

Raghu