Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

COPA Document not generating from MM postings

Can anybody help me figure out my problem in COPA? I have set up the flow of actual values for direct postings from FI/MM. When I made a test posting via F-02 for GL account Raw Material Consumption, I could see that a COPA document is being generated and it flows correctly to a customised KE30 I have created. But when I posted a test transaction via MIGO for the same GL account, the COPA document is not being generated. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Hi Thess,

you are missing some thing very important. That is the value flows in Product Costing and COPA.

When you post material consumption to Production Order, there is not COPA Document generated. because, Production Order is the real cost object and there is no need to post another cost object say Profitablity segment.

When the postings to COPA will happen?

1. When sales are made and delivery happend. Through SD conditions, the value of Sales and Cost of sales and other direct sales cost from SD condition types will flow to COPA

2. When you settle production Order. The variances will get settled to COPA

3. When you settle Sale Order (when sale Order is the cost object). the values will flow to COPA

4. Direct posting from FI to COPA. Say Subsequent customer discounts rebates etc

5. MM automatic postings using OKB9 settings. automatic postings like inventory differences etc

6. there are few more cost object from where the settlement can happen to COPA like Project Systems, Service Orders etc

In you case, just consumption posting to Production order will not have any COPA impact.

please let me know if you need futher clarifications

Best Regards

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question