cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Document not generating from MM postings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody help me figure out my problem in COPA? I have set up the flow of actual values for direct postings from FI/MM. When I made a test posting via F-02 for GL account Raw Material Consumption, I could see that a COPA document is being generated and it flows correctly to a customised KE30 I have created. But when I posted a test transaction via MIGO for the same GL account, the COPA document is not being generated. Any advice is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Thess

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are posting material consumption through f-02, it is posted into COPA through FI transfer structure as you defined in KEI2.

If you are using MIGO for material consumption, are you issuing material for an order ?? If so, Order related costs are posted into COPA through COPA structure of the order which is defined in settlement profile.

Regards

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Radha

Yes, I am issuing a material thru a prod order in MIGO with movement type 261. I used the PA transfer structure "Direct Postings from FI/MM" for all inventory transactions. For the settlement and variance calculation, I copied from the PA transfer structure "Settle Production Variances".

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thess,

you are missing some thing very important. That is the value flows in Product Costing and COPA.

When you post material consumption to Production Order, there is not COPA Document generated. because, Production Order is the real cost object and there is no need to post another cost object say Profitablity segment.

When the postings to COPA will happen?

1. When sales are made and delivery happend. Through SD conditions, the value of Sales and Cost of sales and other direct sales cost from SD condition types will flow to COPA

2. When you settle production Order. The variances will get settled to COPA

3. When you settle Sale Order (when sale Order is the cost object). the values will flow to COPA

4. Direct posting from FI to COPA. Say Subsequent customer discounts rebates etc

5. MM automatic postings using OKB9 settings. automatic postings like inventory differences etc

6. there are few more cost object from where the settlement can happen to COPA like Project Systems, Service Orders etc

In you case, just consumption posting to Production order will not have any COPA impact.

please let me know if you need futher clarifications

Best Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Surya.

That means I have to settle first before I can see the material consumption in KE30? Settlement comes only after the production orders have been completed and closed. But in the profit center reports, there are already postings to the GL material consumption accts. Isn't this confusing to the end-users?

Regards,

Thess

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thess,

You will never be able to see material consumption in COPA. On settlement of orders, only variances in order are moved to COPA.

Material consumption can only be seen in profit center report.

Regards

Chetan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chetan.

It seems then I have a very big problem. Because in the KE30 report, I need to show the material, labor and overhead costs per product. I assigned the PA transfer structure "Direct Postings FI/MM" to capture these costs in COPA. While the PA transfer structure "Settlement Prod Variances" was used to capture the variances.

Thanks to advise. I apologize if my question seems to be going around in circles.

Regards,

Thess

Edited by: Thess on Apr 28, 2009 9:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you need a cost break-up report as per product, maintain "valuation strategies" in COPA settings.

It is true, profit center get posted as and when consumpiton accounts hit, but in COPA, will get values only after sales order billing/settlement. That's why profit in Costing based COPA never tallied with financial profit. You need to make efforts to reconcile the both.

Regards

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Radha and everyone for all the help and I will close this thread now.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if you have active any enhancement COPA that filter by tcode. Check this enhancements:

COPA0001, COPA0002, COPA0003, COPA0004 and COPA0005, because I think that settings in tocde KEI2 are right.

I hope this helps you,

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eduardo

I will check and let you know.

Regards,

Thess