Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Docment flow in DMS

former_member224273
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi , DMS Gurus

I have created no of document types, in dms system.now i want the moment I created the document , an information messages should reached to the particular users

Therer are two types of users herer, one for

1.One have authorit to make changes in the docuemnts

2.others have to display only nad information.

Could anybody guide how to do this with Workflow and without workflow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use standard feature of "document distribution" or "services for the objects" to achieve your requirement.

If you want have automatic document distribution, you will have to go for "Workflow Development". You can take help of your technical consultant for that.

Regards,

Milind Dumbre

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupendrasingh

First Deceide what process you want to happen in workflow using SAP DMS.

Means Draft Process flow which mentions what happens when a DIR is created?

Which are the users who should have change and display rights.Decide the logic to whom this documents should be sent.If you have Organizational Structure( SAP HR ) Implemented in your company use it or create yuou own logic.

Make sure the user who are viewing the document must have SAP user IDs with proper Authorization objects assigned to him.

And also my request is you sit with a Workflow consultant to design your workflow requirement.He will guide you properly.Try to use MS Visio tool provided by Microsoft for designing workflow.

I have used it it and helped me and my workflow consultant to do workflow design very fast.

with Regards

Mangesh Pande

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhupendra

You can use workflow functionality for this. We have done similar work in one of our projects.

I think in standard sap also there is some workflow which has to be activated for this or else contact your workflow consultant who can create a custom workflow. You can send a simple mail/message or even a workitem to any user as you wish.

Regards

Prasad

former_member224273
Participant
0 Kudos

Thx for the Global Response .

wants specifice response, so that i would be able to attacked the problems

Thx

Bhupendra