Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MTO, Change in SO quantity affect PO, Can new PR adopted in existing PO?

Dear all

I have this problem:

In the Make-to-order environment, Sales Order will trigger the requirement. And once the MRP is run, it will explode the BOM level and propose the procurement quantity.

on 1st of April, I have already converted the Planned Order to PO and send the PO to vendor to order RW01 100KG. And the Delivery Date is 25th of April.

On 3rd of April, Sales Order quantity is increased from 100PC to 200PC. And as such, PO quantity for RW01 will need an additional quantity of 90KG on top of the existing 100KG in the PO.

Quesiton01:

Is there anyway I can tell the additional quantity needed for purchasing Raw Material at MD04, without Rerun the MRP?

The reason I ask is that HERE the same PO must be used and modify in terms of Quantity in situation like this. If we run the MRP after changing the SO quantity, for sure Planned order with additional quantity will be generated (90kg)

Quesiton 02:

Once this planned order is converted to PR, is it possible that I adopt this PR item RW01 with 98KG into the existing PO which already have RW01 100KG?

(Logically I believe without Rerun MRP for the Sales order that have more quantity, no way we can tell how much additional quantity needed for PR.)

Edited by: Daimos on Apr 26, 2009 2:05 PM

Thanks

Edited by: Daimos on Aug 27, 2009 6:45 AM

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Daimos,

Q1.Yes your rt if you rerun the MRP the planned order for addtional qty will be generated after changing the so qty

But if you want to adopt the previuos po you can but thsi will not link your so and MRP requriments.You can directly change the po for additional requriment and send it vendor ....

Q2.No you cannot adopt the existing po .

regards,

Patil

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question