Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of SAP ESS objects to new namespace

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to take a copy of SAP ESS objects to new namespace and later want to do customization in the new object. I have requirement in which I do not want to change SAP delivered objects (sap.com)

Scenario:

(1) Original object namespace: esscapdata u2026..sap.com

(2) New object namespace: esscapdata u2026..abc.com

Please let me know the solution ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap recommends to create two Track in NWDI, one for SAP Standard ESS objects and other for SAP ESS Objects where you can do the customization.

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I know that create two Track in NWDI, one for SAP Standard ESS objects and other for SAP ESS Objects to do customization.

I need to take a copy of SAP ESS objects to new namespace and later want to do customization in the new object. I have requirement in which I do not want to change SAP delivered objects (sap.com)

Please let me know the solution ?

Edited by: Anmol Kumar on Apr 27, 2009 3:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

To create your own custom namespace you need to goto the NWDI SLD and create one there and import the components in it ....

Shikhil

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I create my own custom namespace and import the components then the component which I import will have namespace in form of sap.com (original object)

I need to take a copy of SAP ESS objects to new namespace and later want to do customization in the new object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Agree the components that you will import will have SAP namespace.

The right way to customize is to create a separate component and then customize.

But if you have specific requirement and intend to change namespace, follow the steps provided in below blog

/people/helmut.tammen2/blog/2006/01/30/how-to-migrate-a-dc-to-a-new-sc

Cheers,

SJ

Anmol_Kumar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The given blog does not provide the solution.

Thanks.

sanyev
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Changing the name space is not very easy and might result in lot of errors. If required you first need to migrate the DC's to your new SC following the steps given in the post above. You need to do this only if required. For only changing the name space it is not required.

Open the DC's in Developer Studio. You will have to manually go to every java file and change the package name to the required package name. Once you change the package name there will be lot of errors. You will need to fix the errors manually. Mostly it will be package not found error. Once all the errors are fixed a DC build will create the new files in your new package structure.

Ideally this is not required for customization.

Regards,

Sanyev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anmol,

Yes Sanyev is right; the blog provided should only help you.

As per my understanding there is no other way - for your requirement.

Regards,

SJ

Answers (0)