Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager Installation and Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My Questions

1. What are the core or key functions/scenarios for installation/Implementation, and configuration for a production Solution Manager system (things that are mandatory)?

We will have a very large environment and it will be hosted.

We will be using PI/XI

We want to use CHARM

We also want to use Business Process Monitoring/Operations

3. What is the effort and risk doing or not doing before any of our core solutions are developed?

2. How soon do we need to get our support organization trained on general administration and tasks (what phase of the project, Now during Blueprint, Realization, or Final Prep)

I also know there are a lot of other factors but just looking for some "real-world" experience,

Background Information

We are a new customer of SAP and are in the preliminary design phase of blueprinting the project. We have a PSLE w/MaxAttention.

We have an SAP Integration partner helping us with the BPM and installation.

My current assignment is to design the Solution Manager Strategy/Roadmap for our company. My background is IT Architecture, IT Security, and ITIL.

Based on the latest SAP books and SAP guides, defining the SAP scenarios as they pertain to our "As is" and "To be" IT process, and aligning to our business strategies is how we should configure Solution Manager.

In addition, our SAP integration partner has created an "Approach"/Strategy document recommending what should and should not be implemented.

After reviewing their Approach document, it was very apparent that they are not up-to-date on the most current version of Solution Manager EHP1 and are basing their approach document on a previous versions of Solution Manager.

Thanks,

Jesse

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Jesse,

Please visit SAP Service market place and go through all relavent documents like installation, configuration, technical documents etc.... you will get good idea in planning, solution, effort estimation etc...

Go through the following link

Install/ config guide

You can get it from http://service.sap.com/instguides >> select Solution Manager

Other documents

http://service.sap.com/rkt-Solman

Hope it would be useful for you

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj

0 Kudos

Hello Jesse,

I can only talk about the BPMon part. There you can find plenty of documents on the SAP Service Marketplace under https://service.sap.com/BPM --> Media Library. An overview is given under Customer Information with the PPT Business Process & Interface Monitoring.

Or you also find information on SDN. A good entry point is probably the blog under

/people/community.user/blog/2008/09/02/sap-business-process-monitoring-within-sap-solution-manager

as it centrally links to other BPMon related blogs.

Usually the implementation of BPMon becomes only meaningful once you are in the phase of Integration Testing not sooner.

You should probably also get in touch with your Technical Quality Manager assigned to your MaxAttention engagement in order to involve the respective Business Process Monitoring group at SAP. The deep BPMon knowledge outside SAP is up to now somewhat limited depending on where you operate.

Best Regards

Volker