Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining MATMAS, COND_A & BOMMAT data into single Custom Idoc Type

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where we need to send Information on "Material Master", "Conditions" and "BOM Information" to External System through Idoc.

Will it be good to Create a Custom Idoc Type with Segments of the three Type MATMAS, COND_A & BOMMAT and send the Data in a Single Idoc Type i.e. (1 Single Idoc type for sending information to external system and 3 Different Message Type to differentiate the data).

So for Material Master data only the Segments related to Material Master will be filled in the Custom Idoc type and data will be sent.

If not, why ?

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know what exact your requirement is, but i dont think it would be good idea, if you have already standard Message type, idoc type and corresponding FM to genrate idocs and to process idocs then why to take pain to create everthing from scratch. If you want to post data in some sequence then you can use ALE serialization concept.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can you please provide an answer to my query?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont know what exact your requirement is, but i dont think it would be good idea, if you have already standard Message type, idoc type and corresponding FM to genrate idocs and to process idocs then why to take pain to create everthing from scratch. If you want to post data in some sequence then you can use ALE serialization concept.

Thanks,

Asit Purbey.

0 Kudos

If i keep aside the effort spent on Creating Generation Logic/New Message Type/Idoc type etc.,

what can be the reason for me not to go with the way of Combining data into a "single Idoc Type"

Regards,

Abhishek Jolly

former_member195698
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couldn't find any reason for Combining.