cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easy or flexible ways to deactivate the batch management!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our company , we want to deactivate the batch management for some materials.

I know it is not an easy way to do this according to the SAP Note 30656:

to clear stocks of the current and the previous period as well as to complete the open documents.

It is very painful to do the standard procedure as SAP provide.

I want if there is some easy or flexible ways to deactivate the batch management.

For example , to change for new material number.

Or we can set the batch number value to a fixed value, for example "1234" for all these materils.

Are there any other easy or flexible ways to deactivate the batch management?

May be do not need toremove the batch management indicator in the material master?

Just make it simple for all the goods movement that with batch number value input?

Thanks for any reply!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JL23
Active Contributor

Removing batch managment is not easy, and in many cases impossible, due to the usage of the batch in various transactions and documents.

Better create a new material master than spending many days to get everything archived to finally be able to change the batch management requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have attempted to find details concerning the report RVBREVMATBM (Removing the batch management requirement indicator) and have found very little information. I would appreciate any assistance in locating details or inforamtion on running the report.

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont think that it already costs money if you ask for the details as suggested in the OSS note

you cannot decide whether you spend the money if you dont know for what .

It will cost money if you finally decide that SAP shall execute it.

If you require further information about functions of this tool or about running such a customer project, you can send an e-mail to the consulting department

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Using the programs (RVBCONVMAT2BM and RVBREVMATBM) we can activate/ de-activate batch for a material, even if open documents and stocks also there.

Regards

Chetan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please give correct programmes

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dont just state a program name without giving the warnings and further explanations from the OSS note:

533276 - Setting the batch management requirement indicator

533383 - Deselecting the batch management requirement indicator

Symptom

The attempt to set the batch management requirement indicator for a material in the material master record maintenance fails because there are stocks or documents that are not completed such as production orders, sales orders, deliveries or WM transfer orders.

Solution

Here, the standard procedure is to clear stocks of the current and the previous period as well as to complete the open documents. Note 30656 provides further information about this.

Alternatively, in the case of a large data or document volume, you can use a conversion report from the batch development that sets the batch management requirement indicator without the necessity of manual preliminary works such as the posting of the stocks or the completion of open documents.

We have developed the main features of this report, but it must be adjusted to individual business processes in a customer project that is subject to charges.

If you require further information about functions of this tool or about running such a customer project, you can send an e-mail to the consulting department

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, chetan narekar.

Thanks very much!

But it seems these two programs will cost extra money.

I want to know if there is easy or flexible ways to deactivate the batch management, free of charge is better?

Thanks for any reply!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HELLO,

WHERE I CAN FIND THE PROGRAM :

RVBCONVMAT2BM

RVBREVMATBM

I MUST ASK TO SAP ??? OR I CAN FIND ON SAME SITE ?

BEST REGARDS

TERESA RUTI

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes you have to ask SAP.

But why are you yelling? or is your keyboard defect?