Form Printing Scenario Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per my knowledge, There are three basic Interactive Form scenarios are:

1. Online Interactive Form Scenario

2. Offline Interactive Form Scenario

3. Form Printing Scenario

I want to know how to implement these scenarios. In some document I saw that the design time for interactive scenario can be NWDS or ABAP work bench. But for the thired scenario they gave only ABAP workbench. Does it mean the thired scenario will be implemented only in ABAP stack?. Can we implement in Java Stack also?.

Thanks

sampath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Scenarios involving Interactive Forms (Online/Offline) would require you to purchase A license from SAP and it can be implemented using ABAP or Java based Development (NWDS). For the Print forms you do not require to purchse any licenses.

Hope this helps!!

Cheers,

Arafat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arafat,

Thanks for your reply.

I am sure that we can implement the Interactive Forms(offline/online) scenarios in Java(NWDS).

But I am not sure about Implenting Printing Forms Scenario in Java. In[ this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a9630b-4f89-2a10-6fab-e311b3ffd9a6] NW 7.0 document, it is mentioned that ABAP is the development environment for this scenario.

For example can we implent this in Composition Environment 7.1?

Thanks

Sampath

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sampath,

do you have any new information about printing with Adobe forms in AS Java, e.g. CE 7.1?

Thanks and kind regards,

Norbert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Most questions can be answered by reviewing the adobe documents area in SDN.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/adobe

The install guides are here:

[original link is broken]

There are several basic steps you have to perform for adobe to run in an ABAP system.

Create an ADSUSER user and assign the adscallers roll to it. This is done on the java side when the ADS component is installed. You will need to make adsuser a technical user in the java engine, as this is not its default setting.

Create an ADS_AGENT user and assign SAP_BC_FP_ICF, and SAP_BC_FPADS_ICF to the user.

Activate the services in SIFC /sap/bc/fp and /sap/bc/fpads.

Create and RFC to point to your java engine where ads is installed.

Create A PDF Printer.

Create a Desitnation in the java stack to point back to the ABAP system and log in as ADS_AGENT.

Depending on your scenario you may need SSO and SSL turned on.

Also, these are some good notes to review.

1055911- Creating ZCI based interactive Forms in Web Dynpro for Java

1043531 - Windows Vista support for Adobe Designer and Reader

1036205 - ACF Support for Adobe Reader 8.1 in SAP Interactive Forms

834573 - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe: Acrobat/Reader version

766191 - Active Component Framework Installation

747694 - Illegal dynpro state after RABAX

517484 - Inactive services in the Internet Communication Framework

750784 u2013 Licenses

736902 u2013 Adobe Credentials

944221 u2013 Trouble shooting interactive forms

norbertk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello David,

thank you for this information! But the question was referring to Java, not ABAP, and to print forms, not Interactive Forms. It seems in Java you always have to create a WebDynpro-Application with an Interactive Form, but what if I only want to have a print-output, and perhaps in a normal J2EE-application?

Thanks and kind regards,

Norbert