cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Inventory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I run the Inventory Audit Report by checking the G/L Account option, the report shows some items with negative cummulative quantity but with positive cummulative value. The same report shows correct result if G/L account option is unchecked.

Please reply asap.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What version & patch are you on? This may be something that needs to be fixed using the stock check tool?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

I am on 2005B SP00 PL41. What is that stock check tool?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I think the report showing positive value because of wrong G/L setting.

pls check the G/L setting.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

I didnt got your point about G/L setting? Please explain?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Please check the date option in the report.

Posting date - report will run as per posting date of material in & out from the inventory.

System date - report will not consider ur posting date of inventory it will consider the system date.

I think ur running report by system date wise.

pls check.

Regards

Datta Kharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

I have check the report using both the options of posting & system date. The report will negative quantity if I have check the G/L Account option.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Pls tell me have you activate the "Allow negative inventory"option in the document setting.

If not then run the report from starting date of the company till date.

Regards

Datta Kharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

I have activated the 'block negative inventory' option.

Regards,

Abhishek

former_member197621
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hai Abhishek A

If your setting is "not allowed negative inventory" is ok,if the user enter back dated entry using current date quantity, system will show negative quantity,for this problem choose systemdate to run a inventory audit report,this will solve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna s,

I have tried running report as per your suggestion but in both the cases, system showing inventory in negative only.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

This negative inventory should still be in specific warehouse and you should have backdated transactions. In my opinion, it is not a big problem. Anything that you feel so unease?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

If I want to get the Inventory Audit Report on the basis of G/L Account then its does not give the correct picture.... that is the only thing which makes me unease.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

How many items have this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

It will be around 7 to 8 items.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about the dates of those negative inventory? Are they same or close?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The reason is that you are seeing is because you have allowed negative inventory . This is allowed as some business would like to do the transaction becasue they are sure of their inventory in transit .

To look for detail ,run inventory audit report and you can see detail transaction of item .

Hope this helps

Bishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bishal,

I have check the document settings and seen that I have not allowed negative inventory. What could be the other reason?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your item GL Account set by warehouse? If it is yes, then some warehouses could have negative qty while the item inventory is positive. Check Item Posting Report to see the specific date you have that negative inventory.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I have set the G/L Accounts by Item groups and not by warehouse.

Regards,

Abhishek