cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM and OCI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I undestand thet OCI is required to connect to the external supplier catalogs.

Now assuming that I have passed on all the parameter including url etc.. in setting up External web services in SAP SRM what additional activities needs to be performed and where.

Is OCI a separate system or part of CCM or MDM.

And alos who is responsible for OCI settings.

Please asdvise.

Thanks,

Manu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OCI is open catalog interface you have to set a call structure for external catalog id in SRM. and have to assign this catalog id to user ( attribute CAT ) using tcode ppoma_bbp .

Please get back to me if u required any additional information and plz give me some point

BR

Vijay Patil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OCI is part of SAP technology used to connect with ECC or SRM system or external websites for catalog shopping.

If you are punching into an external website (punchout catalog), website administrator of the website shud make the catalog OCI enabled. Forward URL consists of the necessary parameters that are to be required to punch into the website. We can have additional parameters maintained while configuring standard call structure in the maintain webservices activity in SRM, in order to punchin.

Return URL will bring in the required data from the website catalog into SRM shopping cart. These data has to be mapped to respective OCI fields while transferring the data to SRM system. What data has to be mapped to OCI fields and what data has to be passed lies within perview of website owner/administrator and as business demands.

If you are using CCM catalog, OCI fields are already mapped to standard characteristics of CCM. We can modify the mapping accordingly to our requirements.

R/Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

OCI setting is in the scope of SRM system should be defined in the below path by the SRM consultant

Supplier Relationship Management --> SRM Server --> Master Data --> Define External Web Services (Catalogs, Vendor Lists etc.)

You can find the documentation on OCI in the SAP Service Marketplace at the Internet address service.sap.com/instguides.

Also refer the below link for OCI

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0fa7a090-0201-0010-6697-dc1ab229...

Best Regards,

NMK