cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output Type not automatically determined at invoice creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing a problem that while i am generating the invoice for a particular billing document type, the output type is not automatically being determined. Instead, I have to go into the invoice in change mode (VF02) Header>Output and assign the output type to it and select the local printer and save in order to print the invoice.

I am generating the invoice for this Invoice Type/Output type for the first time.

Please suggest the possible causes.

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pankaj,

Suppose you are using output type RD00 for invoice print out. You have maintained the condition record for RD00 in transaction code VV31. The most important thing here is the assignment of the printer.

Suppose for output type RD00 you are maintaining the condition record for key combination - Sales Organization + Distribution Channel + Division.

At the header level you will see the Sales Organization & Distribution Channel & at the item level you will see the Division.

Sales Organization = BP01

Distribution Channel = 01

Division.............Name..........Funct.........Partner............Medium......Disp. Time.....Langu

01............... Std Division..........BP............--

......................1......................3................---

Select the line item & click on Communication. Here assign the output type which you will use for the print out. Now Save the condition record.

After doing this try running one sales cycle - sales order - delivery - invoice. Save the invoice & now check in the change mode (transaction code VF02) the system will determine the output type RD00 automatically.

Note:

1. In the create mode the system will not display the output type RD00, after you have saved the invoice the output type will be determined automatically.

2. Also check if there is any requirement assigned for the key combination in the access sequence (IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Output Control - Output Determination - Output Determination Using the Condition Technique - Maintain Output Determination for Billing Documents - Maintain Access Sequences)

With best regards,

Allabaqsh.

(Idhasoft Ltd.)

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. check in VOFA for your billing document type, whether Posting Block is checked, if so remove the same and save the document, then try to create an invoice and revert with your finding.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unanswered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In addition to this, i have maintained the Condition records for Output Determination in VV31 for Application V3, Output Type ZR12, Billing Type ZF2

Partner Function: BP

Transmission Medium: 1(Print Output)

Dispatch Time: 4----

>change it to 4

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Freinds,

The problem doesn't seem to be with Requirement assignment or Dispatch Time since the same configuration is working in Development Client and Quality Client but not in Production Client.

I am using this Output Type for the first time in Production Client. Can there be some problem with initialization that needs to be done before using a new Output type in Production Client......

Plz suggest

Thnx & Rgds

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please compare all the setting in production with the settings in Quality server such as NACE assignments, Output procedure, Condition records etc.

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Go to VP01 transaction choose billing v3 and select output for which your trying and click on it and go to new entries fill the required details there like sales org and output device and save it, then you will get automatically while creating the billing document.

please revert incase any problem

Regards

venkat

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First go to VOFA and check for your Billing Type and check which Output Detrmination Procedure is maintained and What is the Output Type. If it is not maintained maintain the same and then check.

If it is maintained then go to

IMG-->Sales & Dist. --> Basic Function -->Output Control -->Output determination using the Condition technique -->maintain Output Detrmination Of Billing Doc. -->Maintain Output Determination Procedure, and there check your procedure and its requirement, may be since requirement is not met so it is not coming.

Revert with your finding.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amitesh,

I checked in VOFA, my billing type is ZF2 and for billing type ZF2, Output determination procedure is V10000 and Output type is ZR12. It is already maintained.

Thereafter i checked in output determination procedure wherein against ZR12 output type, requirement 62 (BillDoc:ReleasePost.) is maintained.

Plz revert if anything is wrong here.

In addition to this, i have maintained the Condition records for Output Determination in VV31 for Application V3, Output Type ZR12, Billing Type ZF2

Partner Function: BP

Transmission Medium: 1(Print Output)

Dispatch Time: 3(Send with application own transaction)

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pankaj

There is no need to assign the requirement 62 to the output type. Just remove the requirement and then check .wheatehr it is coming or not. Also check wheather the output type ZR12 has been maintained to the output procedure or not .

Regards

Srinath