I try to send mail via XI Mail adapter. My settings are below

Transport protocol : SMTP

Message protocol : XIPAYLOAD

url : smtp://10.44...

Authentication Method : Plain

User : ...

Password...

To : ....

But i give this error "server does not support PLAIN or LOGIN authentication"..

I think I use SSL or something else, but I dont know how to do by using Mail adapter..

Or Why do i get this error ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

"server does not support the requested authentcation CRAM-MD5"

I think this issue will be handled with option additional parameters in advanced mode..

Do you know about SSL in SMTP?

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tuncer,

In your case, you need to first enable SSL on your PI server, which requires some effort. Here are the links for SSL configuration for AS ABAP and AS Java:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0d/a22640632cec01e10000000a155106/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/56/a12640632cec01e10000000a155106/content.htm

After that, you need to exchange client certificates between your PI and mail server so that the two systems will accept each other's logon tickets. Only after that you can use your mail adapter with SSL. All adapters that run on the adapter engine use Java AS's authentication mechanisms, so SSL should be enabled for your AS Java, you cannot enable it only for the mail adapter.

I recommend trying this scenario with another mail server that doesn't require SSL first with plain authentication. Then you can go for SSL, but you will probably need an experienced basis guy to help you for the configuration.

Hope this helps,

Regards / selamlar

Gökhan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gökhan ;

Thanks for your reply..I ask my basis team to help.

Best Regards / Teşekkürler..

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try with CRAM-MD5 authentication.