Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.1 Initial Load from ABAP Failed

Nitin4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have recently installed IDM 7.1 with databse as 10.2

We have set up the Identity centre and identity store. Now we are trying to run the job for intial abap load , but we are facing some poblems. In the systenm log we see the log as below :

System log Error

lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: JCO.classInitialize(): Could not load middleware layer 'com.sap.mw.jco.rfc.MiddlewareRFC'

JCO.nativeInit(): Could not initialize dynamic link library sapjcorfc C:\WINDOWS\system32\sapjcorfc.dll: Can't find dependent libraries. java.library.path [C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\j2re1.4.2_16\bin;.;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;......

I have seen the message raised by You Nakamura, where he has also raised the same issue. I also downloaded the msvcp71.dll file and placed it in System32 folder. But the problem remains the same (even after server restart). So the same solution has not worked for us , although the error seems to be the same.

Also , we are facing another problem . That is when we run the intial abap load job , and find the erro in the system log , and we try to stop the job , its status remains the same : STOPPING for infinite time. Even after restarting the server, when we again login to IC , we find the job status as STOPPING. So we have to delete the job and create it again, so this also seems to be a problem.

Please assist in case you have come across any of the above 2 issues . Your speedy response will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all<br />

After the IT guys updated &#38; moved the VM in which my IdM 7.1 runs I received the same error (Could not load Middleware layer) and the ABAP-Update and InitialLoad Jobs didn't work anymore.<br />

<br />

For me the solution was to download R3DLLINST.zip which is mentioned in and can be found in SAP note 684106”.<br />

This installs msvcp71.dll and others to windows\system32-folder which were not present at the time the error occured. Before the VM-change everything worked fine - I can not remember to uninstall anything, although I did some WindowsUpdates in the meantime.<br />

Now everything works as smooth as always :)<br />

<br />

Maybe this will help others.<br />

<br />

Regards<br />

Michael

Nitin4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have replaced file msvcp71.dll in c:\windows\system32 folder but have not worked on sapjco.jar yet.

Do you think i need to replace sapjco.jar file as well with the new version ? Or what exactly you meant in your reply , i didnt understand. Please elaborate in detail.

Thanks in advance.

Nitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just see your on a 64bit machine.

Do you use the 64bit JCO?

Nitin4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Yes you are correct that i am using a 64bit server.

I have downloaded msvcp71.dll and kept the same on windows/system32. and when you downloaded msvcp71.dll it doesnt say if its for 32 bit or 64 bit. And also i am not usre if i should place it in system32 folder or SYSWOW64 folder under windows directory.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin

If you have a 64bit system, you need the 64bit SAPJCO. I tried to use the 32bit version (with another product) on a 64bit system and it did not work. So I advise you to download the 64bit version from SAP.

My next idea was, that you copy the sapjco.jar file to C:\Program Files\SAP\IdM\Identity Center\Java (or where you have it installed). Even I had the classpath enterd, it did not work until I copied the file there.

With the msvcp71.dll I never had a problem so far.

HTH

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin.

It seems that a cause of your error is different from mine.

Maybe IdM Runtime execute a Java logic like this,

import com.sap.mw.jco.*;

class Test{

public static void main(String args[]){

JCO.Client client = null;

// Open the connection

client = JCO.createClient( "xxx", // SAP client

"xxxxxx", // userid

"xxxxxx", // password

"xx", // language

"xxxxxx", // host name

"xx" ); // system number

client.connect();

client.disconnect();

}

}

Executing this in dos-prompt, a popup message like "msvcp71.dll is not found in System32 " was appeared.

So I copied msvcp71.dll into the folder, and the job worked well.

IdM Management Console seems not to show all error messages, so it's better to execute a script with your own in dos-pompt to know real error messages.

You Nakamura.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vohra,

Kindly replace msvp71.dll and librfc32.dll in syswow64 folder and restart initial load job.

regards

Anand.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I assume you got the sapjco.jar in the classpath extension?

Also try to copy the sapjco.jar to Identity Center\Java, I had to do that on an installation of me.