cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta management for 2LIS_04_P_MATNR Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use 2LIS_04_P_MATNR that extracts quantities and dates on production order at header and item level.

This Datasource works with ABR delta method.

The dataflow from 2LIS_04_P_MATNR supplies data direct from the Datasource to an Infocube.

I need to extend the structure to supply other data of quantity and date type at order header level that are not supplied by 2LIS_04_P_MATNR.

I will make an extension to create and supply those aditional fields to the extraction structure of 2LIS_04_P_MATNR.

My question relates to the delta management with LIS structures.

If changes occur in R/3 on those aditional fields I added in the extraction structure, does BW generate the corresponding Before and After Image so that loaded data in the Infocube are coherent?

ex: at creation 100 for Division A, added characteristic = date 01/01/2006

I modify the date to 01/02/2006

at modification do we receive in BW -100 A 01/01/2006 and +100 A 01/02/2006

or -100 A 01/02/2006 and +100 A 01/02/2006

If the answer is no, what is the best solution in terms of modeling?

I saw the following solution : by using use an ODS between Datasource and Infocube. This would ensure data coherency linked to delta management.

Are there any other?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stevenm_wilson
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The way I see this, is if you are "enhancing" the datasource with fields from the MC* structure, you will get the delta on those changes. (Directly from LBWE)

However, if you have "appended" a new field to the structure, that is not in the MC* structure, then, you may not get the delta! This is because SAP handles the delta for those fields in the MC structure(s) in the LO cockpit datasource, but once you "append" a field, you may/may not get the delta.

Does this make sense?

/smw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? We are facing the same issue. We have added additional characteristics to 0pp_c01 and are loading with this datasource. Date Key figures which were SBC are not aggregating correctly for us.