cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

files in /usr/sap/<sid>/DEVMGS00/Mwork directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I find that there are so many old files created in the year 2006, 2007 etc files under this directory. Files like stderr, stdout,sapstart*trc, lsmw . I wanted to know how these are created means mode of operation and can these are of any use to keep or can be deleted.

Thanks,

Atul K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the reply, there are so many *.old files , how these files are generated like dev_tp.old, dev_w0.old , dev_w1.old, TRACE02 and so on. pl let me know. Hope these also can be removed.

Thanks,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

these are the logs generated during the normal operation of SAP

The dev_w* files are the log files of SAP work processes that you see through SM50,these are useful when you need to analyze any issues in SAP system,same is for dev_disp file which is the log files for SAP dispatcher

dev_tp files contains the logs and trace of the SAP transports,these can be quite useful when you face any issues with transports.

the .old log files can be deleted and will not cause any issue

you can refer to

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/Helpdata/EN/1f/8311664bc511d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

for information on the log files

Rohit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link provided and also for my querry.

Best Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

These all are log files created during the normal SAP operation.The work directory holds all the error and trace information for the instance processes. Error messages and core dumps are usually left at this location. This directory is very useful for debugging or troubleshooting the system, since it contains the instance startup and shutdown log files and all the work processes log files. These log files are preceded by the dev_prefix. For example, dev_disp is thelog file containing the SAP dispatcher messages

Old log files can be deleted as they are of no use

Rohit