Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

joins

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi experts...

my question is ...

i have only one seletion criteria called PROJECT_ID, table for that- proj and field- pspid

and i have to obtain from that a report .

for that there is two tables-ekpo and mseg

and there are many fields ....

but no common field

i checked the threetable and find a common field named werks which is common in all ...

so my problem is that how to fetch the data using werks ...

my structure is like that

project_id

|

-

pr po po header

please guide me or give some link of that type mof problem...

thanks

Use meaningful subject line for your future questions

Edited by: Vijay Babu Dudla on Apr 25, 2009 3:00 AM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand the requirement, but, technically you can try this to connect the three tables based on PROJECT_ID. Go to the table PROJ and give the user input project ID and fetch the corresponding documents. You would get WERKS from the records fetched. Now, go to the table EKPO and based on WERKS as the selection criteria, fetch all the corresponding purchasing docs. But, there would be a lot of documents corresponding to the plants you selected from PROJ, as it is a broader selection criteria.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

BSEG,MSEG are cluster tables you can not use joins inbetween them..

so fetch data using for all entries or from selction criteria and use read under loop.

Regards,

Prabhudas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont understand the requirement, but, technically you can try this to connect the three tables based on PROJECT_ID. Go to the table PROJ and give the user input project ID and fetch the corresponding documents. You would get WERKS from the records fetched. Now, go to the table EKPO and based on WERKS as the selection criteria, fetch all the corresponding purchasing docs. But, there would be a lot of documents corresponding to the plants you selected from PROJ, as it is a broader selection criteria.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.