Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Planning

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

My cleint is doing turn-key projects. These projects duration spans over 1-2 years.

For material planning, they'll refer the material master. ANd system picks the price specified in material master.

Whenever a new project comes in, my client will negitiate with vendors for material price. Then they plan the project in SAP. Their concern is, for example they are procuring RJ45 cable. Consider in material master the rate mentioned in Rs.13 per meter. But when my cleint negotiates with the vendor, the price comes down to Rs.10. They buy very huge quantity, so in that case this 3 Rs. difference makes lot of difference in material cost plan. Because even though he knows the price is Rs.10 & he's planning for Rs.13. And Again when PO is made for this material, PO will be made for Rs.10.

Like this there are many cases. So they want the planned price should be very realisting the actual price. Realistic doesn't mean that it should be equal. But the difference should be very less.

How can it be achieved ?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amarsh,

If you are working on Network cost planning,then when you going to assign a material to an internal Activity,then system will pick the Price from Material Master either MAP or Std Price then you can change it manually in Purch.data View of the material and enter the actual price that is negotiated with the vendor..

Then release the project and create PO with ref to PR and system will pick this price automatically.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Muzamil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can be managed through valuation variants user exit.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please explain in detail.

Thanks

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am suggest one work around based on your requirement you can chekc the same. you can use the internal activity --> assignmnet tab --> user mat. planning field. (give f 4 ) you will get the idea.

If your problem is only upto cost planning than this field can help you to paln cost exactaly near to actaul cost. For the real execution PR / PO you have to chekc with MM.

Regards

Nitin P.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin

Thanks for your input.

I just checked the path "internal activity --> assignmnet tab" I didn't find "user mat. planning field" there.

Please check it again & help me.

Please also throw some light on config part of it.

Thanks

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not in reach of system, Please check in Cj20n via creating internal activity --> in internal activity check assignment / accounting tab mostly ( Third tab ) .. .here in the right bottom side, you will find material planning field. The material planning field is there that's sure in the internal activity. Please check..I may not sure regarding path..

Regards

Nitin P.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Muzamil & Nitin

Thanks for your inputs.