cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points to remember while creating master data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My client is using QM but inspection set up is not done.In material master check box for post to inspection stock is activated.Now they want to go for inspection set up in material master & using inspection types.In such case what care should be taken while creating master data. Because inspection stock will be already available while doing inspection set up & they have some batches in inspection stock which are created in year 2006- 2007.What care to be taken if we use mass processing(QA08) so that all batches which are manufactured in previous years will also get incorporated in new inspection set up.

Any suggestions are most welcome.Thanks in advance

Regards

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Amit

Long back I worked for similar assignment where only QM has to be introduced.

First you

1..identify the Material and Plants needs to be setup for Inspection

2. Create MIC for identified material

3..Create Task Lists

4..Make list of Material in Quality Stock with Plant and Batch number

5. Create new Inspection type (Copy of 08) for material already in QI stock

6..Move QI stock to UR

7.. On non working day or in mid night assign Inspection setup to all material (It's a QM Go Live dt)

8 .. Move identified stock back to QI stock so that Inspection lots will get created (IL origin 08)

Hope this information will give you some clarity & less hassle to move forward

Atul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Atul& Brahmankar for your replies.

Regards

Amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First you need to clear the quality stock by 321 mov type.

Then active the inspction type as per requirement means ROH 01 and SFG FG 03 or 04 by QA08.

- Then Run QA08

- Select the last tab "Mass Processing", it will become Green.

- Enter Plant, Material Type, and inspection type. Remove any other tick, selection.

- Execute, It will give you inspection set up window, Maintain Parameters here.

- Press Enter

- It will give you list of Materials, Select All and Save.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

My client don't want to clear the quality stock.So i have to use the QA08 transaction for assigning inspection type despite inspection stock available so that inspection lot will be generated for previously available batches.now i want to know if i have a batch on date 20.10.2006 which is in quality, while creating master data should i create mic, catalog,inspection plan in back dates so that lot created for this batch will not be in created phase.

Regards

amit

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Right now your company want to go for QM module implementation. i.e. there will be a creation of insp lot for a GR. Then if the stock exists in QM stock then QA08 you will use this transaction so that you will activate 01. The system will create insp lot and through which left over stock you will handle through QM. Before that you need to maintain all master data.

But best practice is 321 in MB1B.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar