cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices for BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone know of any published best practices for BEx? I tried following the BI Best Practices link on this site, but I received a blank page (no error message - just a blank page). We are looking for advice on maintaining characteristic value variables, naming conventions, . . . you name it.

Thanks in advance.

Sonya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonya,

I think you are looking for a document on Naming conventions for different objects in BEx.I will send you a document .Let me know you mailid.

-Doodle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It's sbennett@sytecpa.org.

In addition to naming conventions, we are looking for advice that we can give our users on how to best utilize characteristic value variables (i.e., any rules of thumb on when it's best to keep a CVV at the query level and when it's best to make it available at the InfoProvider level).

Thanks again.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sonya,

Characteristic value variables are always based on the Characteristic they are created on...the variables are not cube or query dependant. So if you have a variable on 0MATERIAL, that variable will be available for use in any query, based on any InfoProvider that has 0MATERIAL.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Best practice is for implementation. Just post here if you encounter any specific problems.