cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change maintenance Strategy in Maintenance Planning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

In our maintenance plan, maintenance plan additional data, maintenance strategy is defined as 3M6M. Within this strategy, maintenance cycles are defined. Now we want it to change to the maiintenance strategy, 2M that is bi monthly. How to do it?

Do I need to chage it in the maintenance plan category? I am very new to PM. Pls explain.

Thanks

Sangeeta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To change maintemnance strtegy use T Code IP11

now this maintenance strategy was assigned to one task list and that task list was assigned in the maintenance plan;

you first find out that maintenance plan; now check which task list was assigned to that plan

and change your new stategy in that task list and again assign that task list to maintenance plan

Try this and revert back.

Thanks

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In maintenance plan item detail, I got task List type, E, Group 1108, Group counter 1, Description, TC-1. Then I get inside the task list and I found the maintenance strategy is assigned in the task list header. But I could not change the strategy from there as it is coming in grey.

Pls tell me how do I assign the strategy in task list header? then tell me where from I assign the task list to the Maintenance plan or maintenance plan category?

Thanks

Sangeeta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what you do is create new strategy in transaction code IP11

now go to transaction IA02 and enter the equipment number and in that task list maintain the newly created strategy in the Header

now go to tha Tcode IP02 enter tha plan number aand enter now in the Item tab (It is appearing at the bottom) assign this euipment task list and save

this wiil solve your issue, lease revert back

Thanks

Vinay

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It is not possible to change the maintenance strategy once assinged to task list,other option just try in the task list select the operation and select the maintenace package ,here delesect all the maintenance package alloted and then try to change it.

First delete all the operations in the task list ,then system wil allow you to change the maintenance strategy.

Best way is to create new maintenace plan with new strategy.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member

Hi Brahmankar

We made a new plan, as strategy can neither be changed in the existing plan nor in existing task list.

Thanks a Ton

Sangeeta

Edited by: Sangeeta Mukherjee on May 2, 2009 4:03 AM