cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ecc 60 Upgrade - IS_SELECT phase error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Support,

I am upgrading our R/3 4.7 (Linux on x86_64 and Oracle) system to ECC 6.0, and during INITIALIZATION phase I get the following message:

ERROR: To be able to use ASU Toolbox, your system requires at

least Support Package Level 8 for the ST-PI software component

For more information, see the upgrade documentation

WARNING: The version 2008_1_620 of the Add-on ST-PI is too high for this upgrade (> 2005_1_700).

To avoid loss of data it is necessary to include the latest available version for the Add-on

in the IS_SELECT phase.

Please refer to Add-on note 69455 for further information.

But my concern is that we had already updated the SAINT with 2008_1_620 instead of 2005_1_620 and thatu2019s why itu2019s showing this error.

If you have any suggestion in order to fix this issue, please let me know.

Thanks,

Federico Biavati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

check the support pack levels you have to update the latest support pack level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AP,

This is what I found in the official documentation (source "https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/000a4850-5c35-2b10-8191-ce1bdd199a54&prtmode=print" [original link is broken]😞

Is there a minimal support package customers must be on before upgrading to SAP ERP 6.0?

No, an upgrade does not require a minimum support package of the start release. Exception: The component ST-PI must be on support package 8.

It seems to me that the documentation was not updated after the 2008_1_620 ST-PI release.

So Iu2019m looking for a workaround.

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The upgrade always expect to get a ST-PI addon version lower than the one you already have installed in your system but this is only a warning, you could either include the 2008_1_700 or just ignore the problem and after upgrade do an upgrade to the 2005_1_700 version that the upgrade will install during upgrade. If you prefer the first option then you will have to download the 2008_1_700 version and uncar the files in the EPS/in directory so when the system is asking you for new addon that you want to include in the upgrade then it will find this new version and so you can include it during the upgrade.

Good Luck,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

First of all thank you for your support.

I know that I can skip the WARNING, but I'm stuck in this phase because before the warning I have an ERROR, and I canu2019t skip it:

ERROR: To be able to use ASU Toolbox, your system requires at

least Support Package Level 8 for the ST-PI software component

For more information, see the upgrade documentation

WARNING: The version 2008_1_620 of the Add-on ST-PI is too high for this upgrade (> 2005_1_700).

To avoid loss of data it is necessary to include the latest available version for the Add-on

in the IS_SELECT phase.

I canu2019t include the new ST-PI in this phase of the upgrade, and I canu2019t u201Cdowngradeu201D my ST-PI to the old 2005_1_620.

I think itu2019s a SAPup bug, and I was hoping that someone figured out how to solve it.

I have a ticket with SAP but without reply (until now).

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I see, one question, what version of SAPup are you using? If it is the lattest one and the SAP note you did send is in medium priority then I think it will be faster to reset the upgrade (if you are in configuration and initialization module) and start it again and include the addon.

If you have the time then don´t forget to share here the answer please I´m very insterested in this problem and its solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

My SAPup version is the last one (7.00/3) and my SAP ticket has a "medium" priority... so I'm crossing my fingers.

Iu2019ll let you know the answer as soon as possible. (I bet itu2019s a bug, but we will see)

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a possible solution here but this is not sure to work, in /usr/sap/put/bin directory you have a file named IS_RANGE.LST there you can find the min and max release version for addons, if you change 2005_1_700 for 2008_1_700 it will probably work but not sure about this so let´s wait for the solution.

I have received some answers from SAP instructing to do things like this before during upgrades 😮

Good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AC,

Here is the solution to my problem provided by SAP:

1. Please use a newer version of SAPup. SAPup -v should show atleast

"7.00/3, build 25.016". This version of SAPup contains the fix for the

2008_1_700 version too high message.

2. Since the installation media comes with ST-PI 2005_1_700, you need toinclude the

KITLRDG.CAR (??) file according to 1228899.

3. Also, please include the fix file, depending on your target release

media, according to note 813658.

Even if my SAPup was the last version (7.00/3), it wasn't the last build!

so this was my version (from the MASTER CD):

./SAPup u2013V

This is SAPup version 7.00/3, build 25.002 for UNICODE

and this is the last one (that solves my problem):

./SAPup u2013V

This is SAPup version 7.00/3, build 25.016 for UNICODE

Thank you about the u201CIS_RANGE.LSTu201D suggestionu2026 I didnu2019t try it but itu2019s interesting.

Iu2019ll give you 6 points for sharing this interesting trick with me

Thanks,

Federico

Former Member
0 Kudos

No problem, thanks to you for sharing the info of the solution and for the points

former_member348505
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

This seems to be a standard problem, and has popped up again in the newest SAPup for CRM (5.0 upgrade to 7.01). The actual problem resides in file SELCVERS.TQL. This file reads table CVERS for the current version level for ST-PI and finds level 0002, even if your system has been upgraded to patch level 0006. To overcome, just edit the table entry in CVERS, changing 0002 to 0006 (field EXTRELEASE) and then press next in SAPup to repeat the step that threw the error. The upgrade process should now continue normally.