Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration data on Sales Order not updating with the Idoc ORDERS05

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to post Inbound ORDERS05 to create a sales order with configuration data as follows :

E1CUREF ---passing the posex field with the item number(E1EDP01-POSEX)

E1CUCFG----passing the posex field with the item number(E1EDP01-POSEX)

and

in the E1CUVAL im passing the CHARC and the VALUE fields with the technical name of the characteristic and the value for it,

It is creating the order but not updating the configuration data, can someone please let me know if there are other fields/Segments that need to be populated in order to get the config updated in the sales order ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

I don't think you can populate the configuration data in IDoc segment for inbound sales order. The system will determine and assign automatially the characterictic and values for a given material (configurable material type) based on SD configuration.

Usually this E1CUVAL and other related configuration segment is used and populated for outbound sales order IDoc.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

7 REPLIES 7

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

I don't think you can populate the configuration data in IDoc segment for inbound sales order. The system will determine and assign automatially the characterictic and values for a given material (configurable material type) based on SD configuration.

Usually this E1CUVAL and other related configuration segment is used and populated for outbound sales order IDoc.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

0 Kudos

Hi Ferry,

Thanks for your reply, I'm not quite sure if that is the case, because what I understand from variant configuration is that we can state which characterisctics will the material have and capability rules , but the values for those characteritics need to be assigned by the user. Similarly we want the IDoc to do that instead of the user since the order will come via EDI.

Example :

I want to purhchase a PC (I maintain only one material in MARA say "PC" and assign a config class to it which has a list of characteristics)

Now I get 2 Orders for Material 'PC' as follows :

Order 1

Material = 'PC'

40 GB Hard Disk

1 GB Ram etc..

Order 2

Material as 'PC'

20 GB HDD

256 MB etc..

Its possible for me to select these values while I create the order using the VA01 transaction , but what if my Order is coming via EDI ?

ferry_lianto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Advait,

I think you can populate configuration data for inbound IDoc ORDERS05.

In user exits of IDOC_INPUT_ORDERS, you can search table VBAP for given material (will be posted) and find <b>VBAP-CUOBJ</b> (not initial). Then call function module VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION to find all available configuration/characteristics data for above matarial.

From here, you can populate segment E1CUREF, E1CUCFG and C1CUVAL.

data: i_configuration like conf_out occurs 0 with header line.
data: l_instance like inob-cuobj.

clear: i_configuration.
refresh: i_configuration.

select single * 
from vbap 

if sy-subrc = 0.
  l_instance = vbap-cuobj.
endif.

call function 'VC_I_GET_CONFIGURATION'
  exporting
    instance            = l_instance
  tables
    configuration       = i_configuration
  exceptions
    instance_not_found  = 1
    internal_error      = 2
    no_class_allocation = 3
    instance_not_valid  = 4
    others              = 5.

loop at i_configuration.
endloop.

Hope this will give you an idea.

Regards,

Ferry Lianto

Note: Please award point for helpful answer.

0 Kudos

I read the documentation for creating IDocs with configurable items, I populated the fields as mentioned in the docs, one observation is that the example stated is for a BOM and its components , but in our case we have a flat material , not BOM structure , example : Wheels as a individual material which has certain characteriscs like outer diameter, inner diameter, type , color etc...

The documentation also states that you need to use ORDERS02 for configurable items , is that true ?

Its also mentioned in the documentation that the Config data is transferred to the ABAP memory then using some function modules the data is updated in the sales order configuration data if it is identified that the material is configurable material. Does any one know these function modules ?

I have supplied the necessary data in the IDoc in the E1CUREF, E1CUCFG, E1CUINS and E1CUVAL segments as mentioned in the example, but have no success in getting the configuration data updated while creating the order, the Idoc is going in status 53 but the config data is not getting updated.

Can anybody please help in this its a littel urgent.

your answers will be surely rewarded

Thanks

Advait.

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Cn u please share if you got the solution .?

Am facing similar issue .. Am passing values to E1CUREF,C1CUCFG ,E1CUINS ,E1CUVAL. Sales order gets created but not able to updatet the config details.

Thanks,

Preethi.

0 Kudos

I am searching for an issue too.

Please share if anybody has a solution.

Thaks

0 Kudos

Dear Advait,

Can u please share the solution, we are also facing the same issue.

With Regards

Azeez Mohammad