cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Issue:How did the Receiver component got changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

A development of an interface is in Production now. Data is getting transferred from SAP to the target. Now quite many data were send to the target from SAP but 1 record did not reach the target.

When i checked the moni, I saw that the particular transaction has Receiver component as SAP itself.

I was surprised to see this. When all records were going to the target with the configured Target Receiver component, then how did that particular transaction has SAP itself as the Receiver component.

Request you all to provide suggestions on this and if known a solution too.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Requested to resend the message again and this time message reached the target.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

can you provide some more information??

like how many records from SAP u have sent and how many reached to target,

wats the exacr scenario??

and yes.. check with ur legacey ppl... and chek did they get the correct data for the record u mentioned??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts.. Please help!!

Is this a SAP issue or it depends on the type of data transferred,,??

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

Are there any conditions for routing for this particular interface. I mean context objects or Xpath expressions were used in Receiver Determination? If so, there is a possibility.

If not I believe there is another Receiver Determination perhaps with a similar interface name. Check this.

Check the exact interface name/ name space name and the sender system name (case sensitive check) to see if the errorred message has any of these detail different from the successful ones.

These might be the only possibility of such an error.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jai,

But unfortunately, the conditions you mentioned seems fine here.

Infact, when i checked the Response trace PI 7.1 picked up the Receiver Interface which was same as mentioned in Sender Interface. The interface being only Outbound should not have acted as a Receiver.

Though the ticket has been closed by somehow resending the same message again and this time reaching the target, yet the issue remains as to why this had happened and the possibility of happening this again. Seems to be an intermittent issue but need to find the reason.

Looking forward for all your suggestions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

If reprocessing the message fixes the issue, I am quite sure this is a bug in the system. Have not had my hands at PI 7.1 yet to comment from my experience. It would be better to open a OSS call with SAP (probably a low priority message) to find out if there are any patches if it is a known issue.

Regards

Jai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jai.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cause may be the no' of records sent and no' records handled at the reciever side ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

hmm Thanks.. But same number of records have already been successfully transferred to the target.