cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC - Web Service scenario gives errors when processing multiple IDocs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an integration process defined in PI 7.1 that contains four major steps :

- Receive DEBMAS IDoc

- Call a RFC to get additional information

- Call a MS Dynamics web service to retrieve the MS Dynamics customer account number via the SAP customer number (synchronous call)

- Call a MS Dynamics web service to update customer info (asynchronous call)

This process works well when one IDoc is processed.

If however 10 Idocs are submitted, some updates are processed correctly, most of them are not (the find service call works perfectly fine). Sometimes 3 work fine, sometimes 1 (for the same 10 IDocs submitted)

I did a test with SOAP UI where in a test script I submitted the 10 update service calls and this works fine.

The error that is given in the adapter engine SOAP communication channel is :

Message processing failed. Cause: (415)Cannot process the message because the content type 'multipart/related; type="text/xml"; start="<45504935B855BA3ACA0EA2FD503BC60F>"; boundary="----=_Part_20_1319086528.1239082062538"' was not the expected type 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'.

I noticed in the message content that the SOAP calls that go wrong have two payloads attached, one for the Main Document and one for the XI Context.. The ones that are processed correctly only have one payload, the Main Document

Anyone an idea what the cause can be ?

Thanks,

Jan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is maxoccurance of the IDOC TYPE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't have access to the system to look it up, but I think it is 1. When the IDoc is submitted, 10 separate IDocs are transferred to PI and 10 separate integration processes are started

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the transaction idx5 in PI system and see whether the IDOC status by double clicking on the corresponding Transaction ID.

I think this might be due to some invalid data coming from the source system

Thanks,

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

then you may have to make the IDOC TYPE maxoccurance as 'unbounded' to handle multiple IDOCS..