cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent Scheduling in Public Folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a strange requirement where I want to prevent my users to schedule the reports in public folders. I mean I dont want the instances to be saved in the public folders. They can always schedule the reports to destinations like Inbox, Email etc.

The reason behind this requirment - We want to schedule couple of reports to run every day in morning and we have a landing page which contains open doc links to the latest instance of those reports. The latest instances are viewed by executives. In case, other users schedule the reports (with some other prompts) to save instances in public folders, there is a risk that the executives view incorrect instance.

We are on BO XI 3.1 (Fixpack 1.2)

Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create ACCESS LEVEL @ CMC and apply this access level to the Folder along with group for which you want apply this restriction

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest to explicitely deny all "Schedule..." and "Reschedule ..." rights to the "Everyone" group at "All folders" level (Open the CMC and navigate to Folders. Select the "All Folders" node and invoke the context menu (right mouse button). Select Manage->Security->All Folders Security and deny the rights are described above).

Regards,

Stratos