cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Repository, performance, technical settings ???

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are currently using KM EP6 SP15.3 for DB repository.

Everything is working fine so far.

We are now thinking to rollout the solution to external repositories (Filesystems) all around the world.

But before starting the project, we would like to test the external repository and the effect on the WAN. (I should say that in some plant, the WAN connection is not exceptionnal lol).

We cannot use DB repository as they do not want to see their data leaving their site. This is off course psychological, but it is like that.

We have been told by consultants that a kind of Cache Server on the local site could be a solution. But when I am looking for Federated Portal and so on, I see it is related to NW04s and EP70.

I have found documentation on Content Server, but therefore we need a database and we just like to use Filesystems.

Can somebody give me tips on cache systems for external repositories.

Some personal experiences on the subject.

What is the name of such a SAP product, installation guides, and so on.

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195891
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marc,

The Content Cache Server you mentioned is not yet available but planned with one of the future releases.

However, with NW04, you can think about to use the so called File System Content Cache of the CM repository manager.

An approach could be to use the CM repository manager in FSDB mode which connects to the remote file system. The local file system of the portal server itself provides the File System Content Cache on their local hard drive. When a user accesses a docuement in the specific repository, it will be served out of the file system cache if it is the acutal one. More info on that on http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/468698a8e611d5993600508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Please consider the increasing load on the local file system of the portal server. Moreover, a kind of initial load of the cache is not possible via standard. Moreover, edit processes will not be affected.

Kind regards,

Roland

0 Kudos

So we have to wait some more time for new SP or release.

Hope that it is not too far from now.

FSDB does not seem to have a good response time for our needs.

Thank you for your answer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roland,

as far a I remember, the fs content cache is not supported in FSDB mode...

Best regards, Julian

Answers (0)