cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

message Error in classification (class REL_PREQ_ITEM class type 032

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Can anybody plz explain me to solve the following message. This comes when i hit the classification button in the release strategies step in the release procedure

Error in classification (class REL_PREQ_ITEM class type 032

Thanks

Anusha

yousri-agiba
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please assign objects and values using CL20N and it will works.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This could be error during transport or during the config change at SPRO during the creation of relese prcedure.Please check any blank line is there in the first row at OMGS if it is for PO and ONGQ for PR.Please remove that blank and check .Please reply back with the result.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is OMGS? What is ONGQ? This is for PR.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OMGS was a transaction code to access directly the customizing for release strategy in a system with release < 46.c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the transaction, but i'm still stuck

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to give more input.

What have you done so far?

I had exact the same error last Thursday, and was able to solve it by maintaining the classification in CL02

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made changes to 4 strategies in the development client and they seemed to work fine. so i pushed them to quality system. and now out of the 4 startegies for two strategies i get this message. When i mean i changed the strategy in the development client, i refer to the characteristics on the classification of a release startegy, i replaced a purchasing group and changed the dollar amount out of the chracterisitics doc type, account assignemnt category, total dollar value, purchasing group and plant. I tested to make sure that the release startegy kicks off when all the conditions are met for that startegy in pur req in the development environment. But now this does not happen in the quality system. I get that message and also the release startegy is not getting kicked off in the quality environment

Thanks

Anusha

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 'Transport' function displayed in Customizing under 'Table view' only takes the release strategies into account but not the dependent data of the release prerequisites, the release statuses and classification data.

please read OSS Note 86900 - Transport of Release strategies (OMGQ,OMGS)

for Transport of classification data into release strategy

Read Note 45951.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i cannot find the transport function in customizing. Please guide. What area of the SPRO is being talked about here

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

exact there where the note says:

when you are in customizing for release strategy. Then you choose from the first menu , which is called table view > Transport.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member

Hi,

Go to the transaction CL24N, enter class REL_PREQ_ITEM class type 032

Click on new assignments.

you get a pop-up,here select release strategy and ENTER.

in the next step assign your release strategy. eg YY to class.

Now go n click on classification view in release strategy config.

This should sort the issue

yousri-agiba
Discoverer

Please assign object classes using T.code CL20N

Former Member
0 Kudos

This kind of erros occurs when you have some inconsisteancy in the classification.

either you go to change mode in that client or go to CL02 and check you char you assigned to this class are all valid.

use CL24n for char value

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This means the said class has been wrongly created or has some error in it. Use CT04 transaction to open the class, analyse the error & correct it