Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data coming from Three Applications and needs to post into SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i have scenario like

XI needs to take data from 3 Applications and do some validations like data comparision of comman records and post the comman data among the three to SAP.

Application1 will send text file and Application2 will send CSV file and Application3 will send xml file

Ex:

Application1:

Emp No

Emp Name

Sal

Application2:

Emp No

Emp Name

Desgination

Application3:

Emp No

Emp name

Designation

Now the Target data should be

Emp No

Emp Name

Designation

This is only the comman record which is there from 3 Applications.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is a typical scenario which needs BPM and also some controlling mechanism. You need receive three files in the BPM and them use multi mapping to get the record you want and then send it to receiver.

But how long the BPM should wait and what happens if the same type of file comes before another type etc are challenges to handle. If you are just learning.. then not a problem. If it is a production related interface, you need put lot of thinking in to this interface design for synchronization of the file readings.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

This is for production purpose only, client needs like this.

Is it possible to take 3 different file formats to xi and handling in BPM???

If yes, could you please give me outline for this scenario

REgards

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is possible. But what is the controlling mechanism on these 3 files? in any order? what if 2 application send files and 3rd one filed to send but the first one sends again another file? This is prblematic because, file adapters keep on polling without any condition.

Have the controling mechanism in place. Then designing the interface is a piece of cake with three receive steps, one transformation and one send.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

All the three applications will send their files at time in a prticular day for every 30min

So no problem abt that controlling.

The thing is how to manage the three different file foramts in XI

Do we need to create three communication chanels in Xi or How

Regards

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi vamsi,

As the experts mentioned above BPM is the way to achieve your business requirement.When you use BPM there is a step to wait till the 3 messages to come into XI to process furthur.Refer to the following links choose the one that is useful to you.

Check this link for more information...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0e/56373f7853494fe10000000a114084/content.htm

take a look at this blog..

/people/alexander.bundschuh/blog/2006/01/04/scheduling-messages-in-sap-xi

For your case yes its not mandatory to create communication channels for each step if the inputfiles are same and from same system..Else you obviously need to create different communication channels for each different file more over you mentioned that files are coming from 3 different application and should be merged.So 3 communication channels are required.

Refer the following link too to get better understanding on message merge

All the best,

Ram.

Edited by: Ramakrishna kopparaju on Apr 24, 2009 7:55 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishna,

so can i proceed like this

i will define 3 DT 3MT 3MI

And 1 MM by mentioning the 3 source structures and one target Idoc structure.(and let it be the comman data comparision and all, wil see that part later)

and 3 Interface Mappings mentioning like 3 source MI;s and 1 Target MI(Idoc)

in Config....i wil create CC1 for xml format and CC2 for text format and i will use FCC here

and CC3 for csv format and will use FCC also here.

1 Receiver Det, 1 Interface Det and 1 Receiver agreement , 3 Sender Agreements

Is this is the correct flow which iam saying, if not plz correct me.

then Could you plz outline the flow inside the integration Process(BPM).

Regards

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The above process should work..!!

VJ

Answers (0)