cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoView like .jsp page

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a client that wants to click a link in their web app and be taken to a page with a list of their successful instances in various different folders. I am having a problem with the query page to get the list of instances. I can log in fine, but I get the following error when I redirect to the query page:

Exception in JSP: /pagingQuery.jsp:84 81: /* Get an IPagingQuery object from the IInfoStore 82: * object of the current session. 83: / 84: IPagingQuery pagingQuery = iStore.getPagingQuery(); 85: 86: / Set the paging query. 87: */ Stacktrace:

I have been banging me head against the wall trying to figure this out. I am somewhat new to Java and will probably need some in depth explanations if possible. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that the following statement should produce a value other than null

IInfoStore iStore = (IInfoStore) session.getAttribute("InfoStore");

but iStore is null after the execution of this step which leads me to believe that it is a session issue.

dan_cuevas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

You mentioned that the logon.jsp is on a seperate application from BOE and the query.jsp is on the same server as the BOE.

However, it was not apparent if you are storing the InfoStore object into session on the logon.jsp page.

If you are doing this, then this will not work since the query.jsp is located on a different application from the login.jsp they will have different session variables.

The session variable you set on the logon.jsp will not be accessible by the query.jsp.

It will only be accessible if you have both the login.jsp and query.jsp on the same application.

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get the list of reports to come up, but I cannot figure out how to request the history instances and list them. Please help with code snippets. Thank you for your help.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I should also indicate that we have Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I should mention that my logon .jsp is located on an application server different that the BOE and the query .jsp is located on the same server as the BOE.