cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does PI support the high volume message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert:

Does PI support the high volume message,now i want to implement a project use PI, the scenerio is sqlserver to oracle(JDBC to JDBC ,data is copied from sqlserver to oracle ). but the data is much huge.about 1,000,000 items, there have 20 columns at every item , can pi solve my problem?

best regard

Edited by: kevin liang on Apr 24, 2009 4:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

> but the data is much huge.about 1,000,000 items, there have 20 columns at every item , can pi solve >my problem?

Yes, You can send by Chunking, In the Select Query mention rownum < 50000

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agasthuri :

can you give me some material about "Chunking" mentioned .

best regard.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kevin,

In Sender JDBC Adapter,

Under processing Tab :

Query SQL Statement : select * from TABLE where status = 'X' and rownum < 10000

Cheers

Agasthuri Doss

Former Member
0 Kudos

I presume that the interface should run multiple times. What would you suggest to run multiple times? BPM? polling every 5 minutes? ... any other options?

TIA

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

from my previous experience, I can say that PI goes smooth up to 14-15 MB of file and goes slow with 20 MB of file and if it is beyond that, system just crashes.. We did test that with development...

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok , i think may be, because pi use the java server which run on the java virtual machine ; No matter what the java program ,if the memory beyond the java virtual machine'limit. it's will be throw a "OutofMemoryException", so i think Informatica power Center (a ETL tool) is my best way to implement the project

best regard