cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartforms - cannot hit second page

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

I have created a smart form in which I need two copies. The second copy varies slightly from the first by having a DUPLICATE text on it. I had been calling this form twice, however it creates two print spools and is causing an issue for our BASIS guys (form is called a lot).

I copied the FIRST_PAGE to COPY_PAGE. On FIRST_PAGE, i set next page to COPY_PAGE. I have attempted to print this, but the second page is never called. I even put a breakpoint in a code sectioin in the main window of COPY_PAGE. The first page prints normally.

I have never done a multi page form, and this seems very elementary, but does anyone have any clue what I'm missing?

Thanks,

Aaron

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SF can have only one page, using start form and end form for smartforms, both the spools can come to single spool, and using a variable while calling SF, u can populate the duplicate text (diff from first page)

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is multiple spool request is the only problem?

You can group multiple smartform output in a single spool.

New spool request creation, using exiting spool request and closing spool request can be control by paramater OUTPUT_OPTIONS of smartform interface FM.

Look the documentation of field

SSFCOMPOP-TDNEWID

SSFCOMPOP-TDFINAL

Former Member
0 Kudos

This sounded like a great idea, but I'm having some implementation issues with it.

I change these values, and on the first run set the TDNEWID, but as soon as the form call ends, it creates the spool, and doesnt wait for the FINAL.

This is a little different of a scenario, as its a cash desk receipt that prints immediately. FPCOPARA is not used.