cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating views against SBO tables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it allowed to create views in an SBO database over SBO tables (like OCRD, etc). I may even want to do a join. It is for our own use, not a resellable add-on.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know if its allowed but you always can create a new database in your server and use external tables (The SBO tables) to create the view in it.

Hope it helps,

-M

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I do not think the views will interfere with anything. A view is only used if called directly, sbo doesn't know your view???

I've done it and it works perfect for more than a year now.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are allowed to create views. SAP specifies it in the certification documentation. You can see it here:

Under the Test Plan link.

It says: "The use of advanced database objects in non-SAP Business One databases is permitted.

The use of views for extracting data is permitted."

Hope helps,

Ibai Peñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm wondering if SAP allows the creation of new Tables without SDK objects,

I want to create temporary tables using SQL scripts an compile them when an specific addon is connected, do you think this is allowed.

thanks,

Gabriela

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is very simple, write a query like this and it will create the view for you according to what you write in "Select" part.

Create view OCRDTable as

SELECT CardCode,CardName

From OCRD

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. What I'm concerned about is whether or not SAP considers it an unauthorized modification of the system to create my views over their tables.

I'm also wondering if my having a view over some SBO tables could interfere with any of the functioning of the SBO client application for users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also thinking of creating our own views in SQL for external reporting purposes. One thing I do not quite understand, the VIEW from what I have been told is dynamically "refreshed". In the case of a view involving:

(OCRD, OITM, OINV, INV1, OTER, OCST) unioning w/the same for the credit side of things

According to my consultant, there will be no real measurable performance hit on my server. Can this possibly be true?!? Is it not "re-creating" the view each time anything is changed in any of the above tables?

Thanks

Rajiv