cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation for SAP SCM 5.1 on Windows 2003 Server 32 bits platform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am a fundtional user no experience on SAP Installation but trying to create learning environment for SAP SCM 5.1 IDES.

I am trying to install SAP SCM 5.1 IDES on Windows 2003 Server I386, 32 bits plat form which aleady installed SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 SR3 IDES successfully.

DB : Oracle 10g

App: SCM 5.1 IDES 2007 (To be installed on the same box woth R/3 ECC 6.0 SR3)

When I have searched the installation master DVD.

I cannot find "sapsint.exe" under folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 but this "sapinst.exe" only exsit in folder IM_WINDOWS_IA64. I cannot start the installation process.

I am not sure whether my received Installation Master DVD (Material#"51032929"), have any defected issue.

1). Can anyone please kindly check whether you can find "sapsint.exe" under folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 on SCM 5.1 installation master DVD ?

2). If it realy does not exist how do we start installation ? The SCM 5.1 installation guide does not tell much detail about 32 bits platform.

3). Do I need to instal Livechach since it will be a very small system for learning only ?

Thanks in advance

Surapong

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The standard procedure to install SAP ECC 6.0 SR3 now supports only 64 bit environments

Its clear that we cannot install it on 32bit system instead you have to set up your IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 system not as a normal installation but as a system copy

My current issue is that, we are trying to install SCM 5.1 IDES on the same 32 bits H/W

Here you are trying to install in fresh rather so its clear that its not possible

cannot find "sapsint.exe" under folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 for SCM 5.1 IDES

You could find this only when your system is 64bit can you try downloading 64bit IM and see if it works

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Your answer have mixed up between ECC 6 IDES and SCM 5.1 IDES.

For ECC 6.0 SR3 IDES, it is clealy stated in SAP Note 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3, that we cannot use normal installation since it is design for 64 bits H/W.

There is a 'sapinst.exe" under folder under folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 but we cannot follow a normal installation process. In the menu option after running "sapinst.exe" Installation Master there is a "copy system" option which is a special procedure for 32 bits H/W.

************************************************************************************************************************

However for SCM 5.1 IDES, SAP Note 1243319 - IDES SCM 5.1 does not mention that the installation is designed specificly for 64 bits H/W. They only mentioned that if we would like to implement "Livecache" (which is a separated DVD set) then it need to be installed on 64 bits H/W.

I don't need to install "Livechache" since this system will be a ver small IDES for learning only.

If IDES SCM 5.1 cannot run on 32 bit H/W the whole folder "IM_WINDOWS_I386" for SCM 5.1 IDES

should not be existed. Since it does exist then I inherit that we can install but cannot find "sapinst.exe"

************************************************************************************************************************

I susect the shiped DVD is defect.

It would be appreciated if some who have SCM 5.0/5.1 installation DVD please kindly check whether you can find "sapinst.exe" under folder "IM_WINDOWS_I386".

Any other clearly SAP Notes statement are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Surapong

Edited by: Surapong Surabotsopon on Apr 25, 2009 6:43 AM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two option.

1. Check on the Service Market Place that sapinst.exe is there or not on SR3 installation master.

2. Raise a message to SAP under XX-IDES component about your problem.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I have actually raised an OSS to XX-IDES a week ago. They suggested me raise a new message under BC-INST (Basis-Component Installation).

I have followed their suggestion and raised a new OSS under BC-INST. You can see below what SAP OSS BC-INST have answered to me.

What do you think about OSS responsibilty to customer ????

PLEASE READ FROM BOTTOM UP

24.04.2009 - 12:54:23 CET - Info for SAP by Surapong Surabotsopon

Hi Fenglu,

Do you have a clear definition for general installation problem and

consultaing questions ?

On SAP Note 1243319 -IDES SCM 5.1, it state that

8. Support

For general installation problems use the standard components - for

example

- BC-INS-NT or BC-INS-UNX to create a customer message in the SAP

Service

Marketplace: http://service.sap.com/message For IDES specific problems

use

component XX-IDES.

I think that my problem is general installation problem and I have

created a cusomter message to the right category mentioned in SAP Note

1243319 . At least please answer my last three questions or escalate to

other person.

Regards

Surapong

21.04.2009 - 07:50:32 CET - Reply by SAP

Dear Customer,

These three questions are all consulting question.

In the note 1243319 it mentioned:

5. Installation

Please use the standard Installation Guide for SAP SCM 5.1 to install.

From http://service.sap.com/instguides you can get the installation

guide,in the installation guide you can find the answer,what you have

asked are pure consulting issue,sorry we could not help more.

Best Regards,

Fenglu

21.04.2009 - 07:21:54 CET - Info for SAP by Surapong Surabotsopon

OK. Please respond to this product error question.

Why sapins.exe does not exist for 32 bits ????

Where can I find "sapinst.exe" for 32 bits platform ???

Any error on the shipped DVD , yes or no.

21.04.2009 - 07:06:22 CET - Reply by SAP

Dear Customer,

The circumstances you have described relate to a consulting issue ratherthan giving evidence of a possible error and/or bug with standard

delivered SAP products and/or documentation.

We regret to inform you that this falls outside of the scope of

SAP Active Global Support under the SAP maintenance agreement.

You can find further details in SAP note 83020.

Our mission is to help you, our customers, with any error and/or bug of

standard delivered software licensed from SAP. Our tasks do not include

providing suggestions about system operation, configuration, how-to

request, etc.

As an alternative to find an answer or a solution to your issue you

could refer to the SAP Expert Forums at following link:

http://service.sap.com/request-help

You might also have a look at "The SAP Eco-System in a Nutshell#, note

1054121, http://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700006245642006E/

This document contains numerous venues that can help you to find a

suitable answer to your inquiry. In this particular case,

Please kindly close this message,thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Fenglu

Edited by: Surapong Surabotsopon on Apr 25, 2009 3:13 PM

Edited by: Surapong Surabotsopon on Apr 25, 2009 3:14 PM

Edited by: Surapong Surabotsopon on Apr 25, 2009 3:15 PM

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Surapong

Well You are right about these kinds of experience. We also had the same experience then we consult our Account manager then he escalate the message on this kind of situation.

Well for you problem i have checked on OSS under download section and i am able to see all the components for SR2 Release, may be you can check and it will be useful.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash,

I guess that what you have seen all the components for SR2 Release, is for SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 SR2, right ?

However, I am looking for "sapinst.exe" for SAP SCM 5.1 for Windows 32 bit.

Can you please kindly look at SAP SCM 5.1 Installation Master DVD, under folder "IM_WINDOWS_I386" whether "sapinst.exe" does exist ?

I do not have download access right.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Surapong

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
However, I am looking for "sapinst.exe" for SAP SCM 5.1 for Windows 32 bit.

I have seen the SAP SCM 5.0 version under download section and it is available for 32bit as well as 64 bit also. You can select and doenload it, if you done have diwnload right at least you can see the files available there and talk to your Administrator to download that files.

Regards

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Subhash

I have visited download path that you mentioned.

I could see "startsapinsgui.bat" but there is no "sapinst.exe" under 32 bits platform.

Will ask Administrator to download and test.

Thank you gain

Surapong

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My Company's Application Components > SAP SCM> SAP SCM 5.0>IDES- Version>WindowsServer-->Oracle

51032419_11:

catalog.dtd

LABEL.ASC

messages.dtd

messages.xml

NTCLUST.SAR

product.catalog

resourcepool.xml

resources.dtd

sapinst.exe

sapinstevents.dll

startinstgui.bat

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> My Company's Application Components > SAP SCM> SAP SCM 5.0>IDES- Version>WindowsServer-->Oracle

>

> 51032419_11:

>

> sapinst.exe

>

>

>

Hi Subhash

I found that file as per your advices. I was looking at different path ie. SAP SCM-->SAP SCM 2007>IDES which is exactly the same version of my received DVD from SAP however that file does not exist for 32 bits (only "startsapinstgui.bat" exist).

I will ask Administrator to order SAP SCM 5.0 SR2 DVD but not sure whether it is still available.

Thanks again

Surapong

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I will ask Administrator to order SAP SCM 5.0 SR2 DVD but not sure whether it is still available.

It is available for download you need not to order it. You can directly download it. Hope your question has been answered.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Strange never seen this before

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If IDES SCM 5.1 cannot run on 32 bit H/W the whole folder "IM_WINDOWS_I386" for SCM 5.1 IDES
should not be existed

I agree to this

I was under perception that SAP SR3 software cannot be installed on 32bit H/W after checking the note provided by you i could see that there is the option of doing system copy those cases

It would be appreciated if some who have SCM 5.0/5.1 installation DVD

Have you tried downloading the required IM from service market place?

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check this note for more clarity

1108852 - SAP NetWeaver 7.0 / Business Suite 2005 SR3: Windows

Regards

Uday

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SR3 version can only be installed on a 64-bit system.

to install on a 32-bit system, use SR2.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am trying to install SAP SCM 5.1 IDES on Windows 2003 Server I386, 32 bits plat form which aleady installed SAP R/3 ECC 6.0 SR3 IDES successfully

I dont believe that IDES SR3 has been installed on 32 bit windows. It is only available for 64 bit that's why you are not able to see the sapinst.exe on IM_WINDOWS_I386

Regards,

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on Apr 24, 2009 3:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash & Eric,

We have really succesfully installed R/3 ECC6 SR3 IDES on WIndows 2003 32 bits.

On SAP Note 1244548 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 SR3, They suggest alternative ways to install ABAP AS as system copy instead of normal installation and we can follow that guideline successfully.

My current issue is that, we are trying to install SCM 5.1 IDES on the same 32 bits H/W, but cannot find "sapsint.exe" under folder IM_WINDOWS_I386 for SCM 5.1 IDES.

On SAP Note 1243319 -IDES SCM 5.1, they only mentioned that "LiveCache" Installation need 64 bits H/W but I am not going to implement "LiveCache" since it will be a learning system not much data inside.

Please share your commment or experience on SCM 5.1 installation.

Thanks in advance.

Surapong