Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Database object with Runtime object

snursalim
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a custom table which already has its content in 'PRD'. I needed to add another field and change the field length of a table. After I transported my changes to PRD, my changes resulted in inconsistencies with database object with the runtime object. Which makes the table unaccessable as I tried to read table content, it resulted in a short dump.

I tried to adjust and activate the database using SE11-Database Utility but the request was not executed succesfully.

I know we can just easily solve this problem by deleting the table and then recreate it. I wanted to avoid this solution as it means that we have to re-enter all the data and ask the data again from the client.

What could we possibly do to solve this problem?

Many Thanks

-Suwardi Nursalim-

Moderator message - Cross post locked

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Apr 24, 2009 10:04 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All you need to do is adjust and activate the table in DEV and then send it across to PRD system.

The Runtime inconsistencies are due to fact that you have adjusted the DB.

Please note that in case you have added/modified the key fields, it may result in loss of data as well.

Regards,

RJ

0 Kudos

Hi,

The funny part is, the database object and runtime object at the DEV is already consistent with each other. And I'm not sure you can transport database object that way.

Many Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi!

Please check the backgropund jobs which where triggered by the import of the transport request containing the table structure changes. Also have a very close look at the import protocol.

Normally you should find the reason why the table could not be adjusted by SAP.

Regards,

Volker

0 Kudos

So the transport did not occur properly.

Please check the transport log, you will get the reason why table was not adjusted.

Usually it coz any domain or dataelement is not transported to prd.

I suspect the same case here. Plz check

Hope it helps,

RJ

0 Kudos

HI swardi,

I donu2019t know why your are getting this error; you can modify the table u2018nu2019 number of time.

I am not sure about you are adjusted the table before transporting into production.

I am requesting you to readjusting the table in SE14 and re transport to production.

Regards,

Peranandam