cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update termination dump while saving sales order after updating billing pla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client is facing a strange issue. The client has a sales order already created and WBS element assigned to it automatically. The sales order has many items, which are billed periodically. Whenever the particular item has to be billed. user attaches milestone in the project which is updated in the billing plan of the sales order. Then user goes into change view of sales order, and sees if the billing plan is getting updated. After user sees that billing plan is updated, he tries to save the sales order and the update termination dump comes.

We have analyzed this issue to some extent. Since the product hierarchy have been changed, the system checks for the duplicate records and throws the dump.

We have advised the user to follow following steps also:

1) Delete existing billing plan if any assigned to the order. You can delete the billing plan by going into CJ20N and deleting the existing milestones completely.

2) Please ensure network in project is release and sales order does not have credit block.

3) Change Product Hierarchy in sales order (Please do not copy and paste from Material master instead select the same through F4 for each level.

4) Once again create the milestones as required in the Project.

5) We need to remove block of billing plan from Project only instead of from Order.

6) Check order in display mode and ensure billing plan has appeared.

7) Now goto change mode of the order and carry billing.

Above solution has solved the issue but sometimes it takes times for the above solution to work.

The user has to repeatedly follow above steps to save the billing plan.

We need to have permanent solution for the same. I would appreciate if anybody can help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks All for providing me possible solutions.

The issue is resolved by one more step into what i had suggested in my questions

At step 3, after changing the product hierarchy, I simply go to billing plan tab, thereby generating billing plan even before I add milestones in the project.

To my understanding, generating billing plan in the sales order must be conflicting with the milestone being added to the billing plan from the project, giving 2 billing plan numbers in the background and throwing update termination dump.

Cheers!!