Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to modify a program. After the changes were done I tried to execute the program and it gave me some new errors. To make sure that there is nothing wrong with my code I just want execute the previous code. So I went to uilities -> version Management. There I checked against the previous version and retrieve. What my doubt is this the way to activate the previous version ? Did I go wrong any where ? Moreover when I excuted the previous version I get the same errors which were not arised before .what could be the reason ? I guess some changes in config as the program is BADI(CRM).

Regards,

Varun.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this error no due to syntax but some class of BADI or object got deleted or modified.

So due to that class or method this error is arise.

So check properly.

regards

vinod

6 REPLIES 6

vinod_gunaware2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think this error no due to syntax but some class of BADI or object got deleted or modified.

So due to that class or method this error is arise.

So check properly.

regards

vinod

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just checing..After retrieving.. did you activate the Program.. otherwise, you could still be using the wrong one..

Reagrds,

Suresh Datti

0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I activated the program. I placed a breakpoint and it stopped the execution of the program. A message box popped up saying :

<b>Text : Internal errors GT_INSTANCE_CONTROL</b>

Regards,

Varun.

Message was edited by: varun sonu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

before changes, you can goto

Utilities>Versions>Generate version

and do the changes. Hope it could help you.

regards

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

Once you retrieve and activate the previsous code, you will loose the current code. Take a back up manually and the retrieve the old versions.

The reason for the error could be the, some associated code also might have changed - functions being called etc.

If you can publish the error messages, that might help.

Regards,

Ravi

Note : Please mark the helpful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First genrate the main program and Try doing a Update Navigation Index from the utilities menu option.

Hope this helps

Cheers

VJ