Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Rules, Functions and Risks

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Does SAP provide a standard ruleset for SoD? Does it come with the AC 5.3 .SCA?

2. What is the relation between Rules, Risks, Functions and Business Process?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Yes the SAP standard ruleset comes with SAP GRC Access Control 5.3 package(zip file) and it contains SODs.

Business Process is like Procure to Pay, Order to Cash or you may categorize it as MM, SD etc so grouping of similar risks and analysing them is possible.

Functions are actions recognized as Tcodes in SAP terms- we identify similar nature of tcodes and create a function for them. Later we can create SOD risk or SAT risk(Sensitive Access tcodes) using those functions.

Rules depend upon risks - we have to generate them after creating risks.

Rulsets contain or defined as having all risks associated to Business Processes.

Regards-Sabita

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

So suppose I want to create a rule in which the combination of PFCG and SU01 is a high risk, how should I go about it?

Can this Rule exist as an individual Rule? or Rules should be a part of some Function and some Risk and some Business Process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

The process is-

You have one rulset defined say - XYZ(company or devision)

One Business Process say - BASIS

You create two functions each containing one tcode(SU01 / PFCG)

You define one risk as SOD and select Business Porcess- BASIS

Associate those 2 functions.

Select ruleset.

save and generate rule. There will be only one rule for it, because there is only one combination.

Suppose you create two functions containing two tcodes for each and create a risk, the rules will be 4(all permutation combinations).

Hope it helps.

Regards-Sabita

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

But Sabita, you are just assigning the 2 Functions to the Business Process.

Why do we need the Risk and Ruleset?

OR better off, why do we have a Business Process, why not just have the 2 functions and the Ruleset.

I am sorry to barge with so many questions, but could you please help me out with the significance of all these viz. Business Process, Function, Rule, Risk.

Any document or link would also help, as I wasn't able to find any good ones.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gautam,

These are building blocks for rules. That is how CC/RAR rules are constructed. It could be different in other tools or if you do it via excel. I don't think Sabita can answer why do you need business process as you won't be able to define ruleset without basic building blocks? Basically, business process is the container for functions. Conflicting functions create rules and combination of t-codes and objects are risks. This whole setup starting from business process to risk is called a ruleset.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Alpesh is right, this is the way GRC CC is structured.

One ruleset contains business processes

Business process contains Risks

Risk is associated with functions

Functions contain tcode and/or authorization objects value

For your query - "But Sabita, you are just assigning the 2 Functions to the Business Process." - it is just for your given example. In Basis there are more than 100 sensitive tcodes for which we can define functions and risks.

The same is true for each module e.g. in FI.

Regards,

Sabita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Just to make it more explanatory, lets take few examples for each entity:

1. Business Process (BP):

It can be a department, group or an independent functional unit in an organization. E.g Finance or HR or Material Management.

2. Function:

It can be a set of activites or say set of simlilar activities in a BP. E.g in SAP Security - SU01 and PFCG combination can be termed as a function - "User and role maintenence" .

3. Risk:

It can be a combination of 2 or more functions which when given to a single user, can be harmful to the organization.

4. Rule:

It is generated from Risks automatically. E.g if A and B are 2 funtions in a risk R, such that:

A has transactions X and Y and

B has transactions M and N

so there can be multiple rules generated here for Risk R , with the combinations like X and M rule, X and N rule, Y and M rule, Y and N rule etc.

5. Ruleset:

As the name suggest, is a set of Rules, generated from Risks. Two Rulesets may contain same, similar or dissimilar risks, based on the lanscape for which you want to use the ruleset. E.g you might have ruleset R1 having Risks 1 to N in your development system and you might have ruleset R 2 having Risks 1 to M in your Production system.

Hope this makes it a bit clearer to you know. For more dependencies within these entities and how they behave with eah other, I would suggest if you create each of them and then observe their linkages. The config guide from SAP would be more than enough for this purpose.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

former_member759680
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks everybody. Thanks for the replies. Each one of them was helpful.

I got the basics straight now.

So, while creating a new Rule, in this case with PFCG and SU01, what should be the order of things?

I mean first I create a Business Process, then functions, then Risk... OR is there no order.

How do I associate the Business Process with the Ruleset?

It would be helpful to get some document or link that would provide the process of creating Rules.

Can you guys help?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gautam,

Follow the path:

Service.sap.com/instguides > Installation and Upgrade guides> SAP Business Objects --> SAP Business Objects GRC.

Here you will find the guides you need.

Regards,

Hersh.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/hersh13

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Apr 26, 2009 2:22 PM