Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Readonly Access to Solution Manager possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

at the moment we are using Solution Manager mainly for managing the

system landscape and projects/Business blueprint.

My question, which role needs to be assigned if we want to give a user

readonly access to projects (RMMAIN)?

In RMMAIN is it possible to give readonly access to one project and

change access to another project?

Is it possible to give full readonly permission to the Solution Manager?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help,

Manfred

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to provide the display access to one project and change access to another project. You can find the SAP role SAP_BC_CAT_TESTER, in which you need object S_PROJECT. The activity 03 provides you display. usually testers use stwb_work in Solution manager.

You can maintain many entries of s_project with different project entries and activities like one project for display and the others for change.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its possible to provide the display access to one project and change access to another project. You can find the SAP role SAP_BC_CAT_TESTER, in which you need object S_PROJECT. The activity 03 provides you display. usually testers use stwb_work in Solution manager.

You can maintain many entries of s_project with different project entries and activities like one project for display and the others for change.

Regards,

Gowrinadh

0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.especially the mentioning of the object S_PROJECT proved to be invaluable!

However, in the end some-else suggested to use the solution manager display role SAP_SOL_RO_COMP. This is a composite role holding all (or at least the most important) display roles regarding SOLMAN. I then just copied these single roles to my namespace and adjusted the S_PROJECT field according to my needs. Then I assigned these roles to the target user.

Thanks again for your help,

Best regards

Manfred